Chapter 21 - An argument

Yibo sat with Youn in the cafeteria and looked grumpily out the window. It was still early in the morning, yet his mood was already at a low point. "Hey, I'm talking to you! What's going on?" Youn asked, confused.

"Nothing!" Replied Yibo grumpily, pushing the tray with his breakfast a little further away from him.

"I just don't believe you. Come on, tell me what's going on."

"Not here. I have no interest in being overheard by others."

"Fine. Then come outside with me." Suggested Youn. Yibo nodded and went outside with Youn. They walked to the old oak tree by the gateway and Youn asked Yibo, "Okay, we're alone here. Are you going to tell me what's going on?"

"I don't know where to start."

"I would say at the beginning."

"It's not that easy."

"Why not? You know, I don't understand what's going on with you. You're supposed to be happy, right?"

"Should I be?"

"Sure. We've been in our second year at the university for a month now. Things are going well for you and everyone is praising you. And you have your boyfriend here, and you get to share a room and a bed with him."

"My boyfriend? I guess right now I can only describe what Zhan and I have as a secret affair. And yes it's great to share the room and bed with him. I mean, when he's around!"

"Well, I don't think you're just a secret affair for Zhan. But anyway. I'm more interested in what you mean by "when he's around"."

"I mean it the way I say it. I'm just a fling to him! Every day he's with Alessia. They're together from morning till night, even walking around here hand in hand. She hugs him all the time. And who knows what goes on between them when they're alone somewhere."

"I thought you trusted him? And that still doesn't explain what you mean about when he's around then."

"I also thought I trusted him. But when I see them both, and I have for a month, I don't know if I can trust him anymore. And besides, he hasn't slept in our room for several nights already. And when I ask him where he's been, he just says he was out with friends, it got too late, and he stayed at a friend's house."

"Really?"

"Yes. I'm sure that happens once or twice a week. And last weekend he'd been away, too. When I wanted to know where he was, he said he was at home with his parents. But Cheng told me earlier that he was home for the weekend and Zhan wasn't there. And you know who else wasn't here at the dorm this weekend?"

"Alessia?"

"Exactly!"

"And now you think Zhan was with Alessia?"

"Where else would he have been? And isn't it strange that he always stays away from the dorm at the same time as Alessia?"

"That's really strange. It really sounds like there's something more going on between them. But somehow I don't believe that. Zhan does love you. Even if he doesn't show it publicly, I can see the way he always looks at you. Besides, he always gets jealous when you're with Emily."

"I think that's just faked jealousy. I don't know what he's trying to get at. I certainly don't believe him anymore!"

"Okay."

"Earlier after Cheng told me that Zhan wasn't home for the weekend, I asked Zhan about where he was. And you know what? He got angry."

"Why?"