Chapter 28 - Yibo against Alessia

The preparations for this important and extraordinary day, which Yibo would not have needed even great acting talents, lasted several days. First, a room had to be found where Yibo and Alessia could be brought together alone. When this room was finally found, it had to be prepared.

Cameras so small that they could hardly be seen and microphones that could not be seen at all were placed all over the room. And also a secret emergency switch that Yibo should press in case things got out of control and he needed help.

Next, Yibo had to be prepared. He was taught interrogation tactics and phrases to say to get Alessia to talk. Yibo found this completely unnecessary. Besides, it was too silly for him. After all, Alessia would notice immediately if Yibo suddenly behaved differently than usual, right? Nevertheless, he had to learn the sentences!

Furthermore, Yibo and Zhan still had to pretend that they were in a quarrel and had nothing to do with each other. Alessia should calmly believe that she has won Zhan over completely now and that Yibo is no longer a threat to her.

It should look like Yibo is about to fall deep and lose everything. That's why he had to intentionally lose the weekend competition in which Alessia and Zhan also participated. And although Alessia didn't win the first prize either, she was super happy. And that's only because Yibo ended up in last place after he supposedly sprained his ankle while dancing and couldn't continue.

The alleged injury had also been a part of the plan. A very important part, in fact! It had been Zhan's idea. He had suggested, "Why don't we do it where it all started?" Since it had actually started with Zhan, Yibo didn't know what Zhan wanted at first. But then Zhan explained, "She did threaten to take everything away from you in the hospital room. What if we make sure that the two of you meet again in the hospital room?"

Now Yibo also understood and immediately agreed. The agents then prepared the hospital room. Yibo just had to continue pretending that his ankle was injured until then.

After exactly five days since they made the plan in the secret base, the time had finally come. Yibo would have his greatest performance and everything now depended on him. Would he make it? Would Yibo be able to win against Alessia and thus ensure that Zhan could finally fulfill his mission? Or would something unexpected happen and everything go wrong?

In the morning after breakfast, Yibo went to the training center. He sat down in the large training room with the other students and watched the dance coach present a new dance that the students must learn. Of course, the trainer was also in on everything and had his own part to play in making the plan work.

One student after another had to stand up and show how much of the new dance he or she had memorized. Youn and Alessia were way ahead of the others when it was Yibo's turn. "But coach, I can't dance. My ankle..." Yibo began his show.

"Don't be like that Yibo. You can at least try. The steps aren't that hard, are they?" The trainer replied harshly. Alessia giggled softly and couldn't stop grinning. It was the first time that Yibo was scolded so harshly by the trainer. It was clear that she liked it.

"Coach. I don't think this is a good idea. The doctor said I shouldn't put any weight on my foot."

"Then what are you doing here? Either you train and join in, or you have to leave!" Shouted the trainer. He sounded so convincing, then Yibo wondered if this was really still an act.

"Alright I'll give it a try." Said Yibo, sounding resigned. He stood up, limped to the center of the training room, did a few dance steps, and at one turn, pretended to misstep. He cried out and dropped to the floor. He held his ankle with his face twisted in pain.

His coach, suddenly pale, asked him as quietly as he could, "Are you all right?" Yibo nodded and winked at him. The trainer looked at him with relief and said, "Okay, I see it's really not working. Let someone take you to the infirmary."