Chapter 39 - Kind Hearts

After Yibo set off in a huff from his father's and Ana's house, he just wanted to get home to his mom. He felt sorry for her because her husband, his father, had fallen for such a cheap trick by Ana, destroying not only his marriages but the whole family, and doesn't even seem to realize it yet.

He had been so angry that he yelled at his father, which was the first time he had ever done that. And he was so angry, in fact, that he probably would have hit him if he had heard just one more word out of the mouths of those two traitors. Yes that's exactly what his dad and mom Ana were, traitors! Because it's their fault that his family is broken and his mom is suffering!

The city had already come into view and Yibo's anger had still not subsided, when suddenly his cell phone rang. Actually, he never answered the phone at unknown numbers, but as angry as he was, the person who dared to annoy him would already see what he or she got out of it! Yibo was ready to beat the crap out of everyone that day!

However, when the caller said he was Zhan, Yibo not only had to suddenly brake sharply and bring his car to a stop, no, his anger was immediately extinguished. So he wouldn't just beat everyone up after all. Because Zhan, well, Zhan is an exception. Because Zhan is the only one Yibo would do anything for. Because Zhan is the one Yibo still, loves more than anything else.

And it is also Zhan why he has always regretted going to Seoul to fulfill his dream of being an idol. Because for this dream, he had to leave Zhan behind. And it was only in Seoul, after he had simply run away from home, that he realized that he was giving up one dream to make another come true. Only then did he realize that being with Zhan was as big a dream for him as becoming an idol.

So many times he wanted to go back to Zhan and apologize for everything and ask him for another chance. So many times he stood at the airport. And just as many times he didn't fly back, because he knew how much Zhan would hate him all the more for it if he had just given up on his dream after everything. And in Seoul he also realized that he should have talked to Zhan and explained it to him and that Zhan would have understood him 99% and even supported him.

But back then, that night when he suddenly panicked and realized everything he still wanted to do and achieve, he acted according to his age. Naively and impulsively. Today he knows it was wrong and he should have talked to Zhan and his parents. He knows he shouldn't have just run away. But at the time he panicked and believed that was the only way.

After the call from Zhan asking him to come to his secret base, Yibo not only finally had a reason to be happy again, but also made a plan on the way there. He wants Zhan back, come what may. But he's also aware that it won't be easy. And he doesn't even know yet if Zhan still feels anything at all for him. But he would find out as soon as he sees him. He knew that.

Besides, Yibo planned to openly state what he wanted from Zhan right away. He is no longer the same Yibo from back then and he wants to show and prove that to Zhan. And if he feels that Zhan still has feelings for him, he will do everything to get him back. Even if he would have to fight for it against the devil personally! He will get Zhan back!

Arriving at the secret base, Yibo immediately proved to himself that he doesn't just make empty promises, but keeps what he sets out to do. (See previous chapter) And when he faced Zhan and even hugged him, he could immediately feel that Zhan still loves him. Even though Zhan wouldn't admit it, of course. But knowing this meant to Yibo that he still had a chance to make everything good and maybe win Zhan back after all.

After talking with Zhan, Yibo headed home. His mom was sitting on the balcony enjoying the warm rays of the sun. Immediately, Yibo remembered why he had been in a bad mood that day and why he had been so angry. But while he had planned to tell his mom everything on the ride from the village to the city, he wasn't planning to do it now. She was already hurt enough and he didn't want her to suffer any more. Now it's up to his father to approach her and explain everything.