Chapter 89

Lizzie awake feeling the bed was empty and not like usual. Like usual when Elia will always somehow at night climb on top of her like a baby does. But this time she's awake and didn't feel any weight at all which is weird because Elia's sleeping with them last night.

So Lizzie opened her eyes slightly confused but then concerned when she couldn't find her daughter in their bed.

Glancing at her bedside table to see the clock showing 8 in the morning. Pretty early. Seeing as her fiancé is still sleeping peacefully and snoring even, she didn't want to wake him up. They had pretty rough scenes they've been filming these past few days. Everyone was exhausted because of it but they enjoyed their work nevertheless because it's what they loved to do.

Lizzie then slowly gets out of the bed and out of the room to find their daughter. She went to check Elia's bedroom first but she saw how the door creaked open when they closed it last night before they went to bed. But then she was met with the emptiness. Must've been downstairs then.

She knows her daughter very well that Elia won't get out of the house without informing them first. The parents have made it pretty clear that they don't want Elia to be roaming all alone without telling them where she's going.

Thinking back, how Elia has changed with all of this adjustment. Back then, Elia thought that no one would ever care for her wherever she goes but then Lizzie met with her, got attached to her and Elia became her daughter, it all changed. Elia starts to tell Lizzie or Sebastian where she's going every single time.

When Lizzie reached downstairs, she could hear a slight noise coming from the TV in the living room. And when she arrived in the living room, she found Elia curled up in a ball on the couch, appearing to be sleeping and Spy Kids playing on the TV.

But what surprises Lizzie is that Elia was holding the gift that Jamie gave her as a birthday present. The Mickey plushies. Holding tight and not letting go.

Lizzie rounded up on the couch to knelt in front of her daughter and stopped on her track when she saw something that made her heart drop. Several letters and Elia's laptop screen was paused on Jamie's face displayed on it.

Lizzie took the letters and skimmed through it and tears clouded her vision as she looked at her daughter sadly. And that time, closely looking at her daughter's face, she notices Elia's swollen eyes making her sigh sadly.

Putting down the letters, knelt in front of Elia, slowly and softly brushing the hair out of her face, making Elia stirred in her sleep and slowly waking up.

As Elia opened her eyes, she could see her mother staring at her sadly making her confused for a moment but then realized it. Her laptop was open, Jamie's letters were all over the coffee table and not to mention she knows that her eyes are brimming red.

"Morning, Mama" Elia greets her mother. Trying to show it to her Mama that she's okay and she has to be because it's Halloween today. Her first Halloween with them.

"Baby- " Lizzie tried to talk to her daughter but Elia cuts her off

"It hurts but I'm okay"

Which shocked Lizzie at that statement. Lizzie clearly didn't expect Elia to admit it but she knows Elia didn't want to talk about it that's why she said it like that. But Lizzie knows better than to let her daughter hide the feelings.

"Why haven't you woke me up, Eli?" Lizzie asks softly, staring into Elia's swollen red eyes that make the mother's heart shattered.

Elia then shot her mother a pointed look. "You both were sleeping peacefully. You know me well enough that I'm not gonna interrupt your rest. I know you both are tired from work and taking care of me. I could see it in your eyes"