Ch 47 - Forget Me Not

"Hey Mama... did you know that they're moving all of us into dorms? Aizawa-san said we could stay at the apartment if we wanted, but UA would probably be safer. And it'll be fun to live with the rest of the students! They even said they'd give you and Aizawa-san an apartment sized accommodation so that Hiro and Haru can stay with you. All of us will get to spend more time with our friends! Like, we have friends outside of our family for the first time ever, it's amazing! We're all so glad that we decided to come to UA. This is the first time any of us have felt remotely like normal teenagers, we're all enjoying life more than ever. So, please... please wake up soon... we miss you so much... there are so many things we want to talk to you about..." Hitoka's voice trailed off as tears started to stream down her face.

It had been weeks since the summer camp incident. And although the doctors at the hospital said Mitsu was physically fine, she still hadn't woken up.

Aizawa had suggested that the kids just take care of her at home for now since there isn't anything medically wrong with Mitsu, and all the kids know how to take care of her. If needed, Recovery Girl is only a call away, so it was agreed that Mitsu would be looked after by her family.

And so, Hitoka was currently cleaning her comatose mother while her brothers all packed their things in preparation to move into the dorms. Once she's finished, she gently dries off Mitsu with a towel and hears footsteps halt just outside the door. Hitoka makes her way over to open the door once Mitsu is dressed, since Aizawa is probably there to carry her back to the bed, but she keeps her handle on the doorknob when she hears a familiar voice, Tsugiyoshi Sumino.

"- a little unnerving to follow this line of thought, because it implies that there are certain circumstances in her life, and potentially everyone's life, that cannot be avoided completely. The current reality is so drastically different than any other reality I've experienced, but the one thing they have in common is that Arisa is always found dead, and at least one of her children dies in relation to the Kamino incident."

Hitoka's heart shatters at the news. The entire family had been introduced to Sumino, and treated him like another uncle. He and Aizawa had explained everything they've done to help make sure Mitsu lives a joy-filled life. They implicitly trusted him, just as they trusted Aizawa.

The young blonde wasn't surprised to hear that Arisa is most likely dead. Kenma had already explained to them the high likelihood that Arisa was disposed of after she used her quirk to switch Dabi and Mitsu's place.

"Tou- Dabi, probably tricked her into helping him from weeks ago. We all know she has a soft spot for him, and I confirmed with my quirk that the last person Arisa was in contact with was with Dabi. There was no other way for Mama to suddenly end up in Dabi's place in the forest aside from Arisa's quirk. He probably fulfilled the condition of her quirk earlier that day, and somehow made sure Mama found her in the forest. Arisa probably made up some sort of story saying that Dabi was in trouble and if Mama switched places with him, she'd save his life. This would fulfil the requirements that both participants of the switch need to verbally consent to her quirk, Swap. Once switched, the LOV probably disposed of Arisa. Her quirk's requirements are inconvenient, so AFO wouldn't want to steal it, and the only thing they really wanted to do was probably to make sure Mama doesn't interfere with their operation, since she would absolutely be able to take down AFO if she worked in tandem with All Might. AFO probably thought he could easily beat All Might if it was one on one."

A tear slowly streaked down Hitoka's face, Mama was the happiest I've ever seen her the last few weeks. But now... I can't imagine how she could fully recover from this. Dabi had been with her the longest, she trusted him like family, like a brother... But he tricked her and is solely responsible for the death of her first fetus and Arisa's death as well... Mama lost two siblings and her first biological child in one day... Is that why she won't wake up? Because she doesn't have the will to?...