Chapter 41: For His Birthday

Amara

"I don't know Ashley."

"Know What?" She asked looking through her magazine.

"I don't know what to do for his birthday."

She sighed. "Take him to Hawaii or something."

"Ashley, this is his first birthday with me. I wanna make it special."

"How about this, you take him to the movies for his first birthday with you and you wait until his last to do something special." She smiled.

I laughed. "You're not being very nice."

"Chile, I don't care. I'm mad at Mahaha, Nayoyoyo, whatever the hell her name is so I'm taking it out on him." She stated marking something in the magazine she was reading.

"Her name is Maya, and what is she doing that you can't just tell Chris he is her boss?"

"She act like she's the boss. Every time I pick out a freaking Fabric she start being a baby about it. I be wanting to knock her old fabric picking ass straight out."

I laughed. "She's not even supposed to be there half the time."

"She's only supposed to be there to start stating numbers. They do that in her office. But somehow she ends up in the factory."

"She's just jealous a little bit , that's all nothing major."

"Nah , it be some stuff that be having me wondering. "

I looked up from my phone and u o at her. "Wondering what?"

"That look she gives him. And the way she acted when she found out I was working for him... She was kind of livid."

I crossed my kegs. "She's not a threat to me. Okay? Mess around with me she'll be butt waxed just like them eyebrows."

We high fived and laughed.

°°°°°°°°

"Okay so what's his favorite color?" Shavone asked.

"I don't know." I replied shrugging.

"What's his favorite cartoon?" She asked.

I shrugged again. "I Don't know."

She smacked her lips. "What's his favorite thing to do outside of work and art?"

I was silent.

"Well damn!! Do you at least know the nigga shoe size?" She asked.

"Well..." I started.

"Never mind!"

"This Is all too stressful!"

What do you give a man who has everything? What do you do for him? This is just really confusing me.

After a while we just started thinking of kiddy things to do. I had to realize that he was about to be 26 years old.

"What did you do for Robin his first birthday together?"

She sighed. "I don't even remember. You know how long ago that was?"

I sighed. "This is all too stressful."

She smiled and snapped her fingers. "I got a idea."

"No we're not having a trampoline."

"It's not that idiot. How about you call his mom and sister up here. I'm sure he would love that! Besides he just made a tweet about how much he wishes they were here in Cali. So Why not?"