Chapter 49: Pass My Hurt

3Weeks Later

Shavone

"I Here Now Announce That The Case Of Harris And Thicke Has Been Justified As Divorced. I Grant The Defendant Property Of Grand Housing, And Any Publishing That Is To Happen In The Future. Case Closed." The Judge Said Hitting His Gaval.

I Stood Up And Smiled. I Hugged Amara And Ashley Looking At Robin Walk Over To Me.

"Look Shavone I Have To Say You Fought A Good Fight. I Have To Be Honest, I Didn't Think You Were This Strong."

I Looked At Him Like He Was Stupid....

"Robin Are You Serious?" I Asked.

I Shook My Head And Walked Away.

"That Was Some Case There Huh." Tim Smiled Picking His Case Off The Table.

"Yeah, Thanks. For EveryThing."

He Turned To Me. "You're Welcome. It Was An Honor Helping You I Just Hate It Had To Be This Reason."

I Smiled And Chuckled. "Right. Well. I Guess Our Work Here Is Done. I'll Send You A Check And A Card."

I Turned To Walk Away But He Stopped Me. "I Know This Is A Bad Time To Ask But, Do You Mind If I Ask You On A Little Coffee Date?"

I Thought About It For A Minute. "Yeah. I Would Like That."

He Smiled And Walked Away.

"Chile Let's Go Celebrate." Ashley Smiled.

I Looked Back At Tim And Grabbed My Purse. "Come On."

Chris

Ion Know Why I Can't Get Over Amara But I Need To. I Been Thinking About Calling Her But I Never Do.

It's Been About 2 Months Since We Ain't Talked And It's Been Killing Me I See Her Everywhere And When We Be At Parties And Stuff She Walk Right Pass Me Without Even Looking At Me.

I Been Starring At Her Number For A Minute And I Sat It Back Down On The Counter Next To My Other Phones That Was Stuck On Her Number Too.

I Went In The Refrigerator And The Door Opened.

"Yo!" Mijo Yelled.

He Walked In The Kitchen And Seen My Phones On The Counter.

"Whassup?" I Said.

"Damn Bruh, How Many Times You Gone Call Her?" He Joked Sitting Down.

"Very Funny." I Said Closing The Refrigerator.

"I Just Talked To Her."

"What She Say?" I Asked.

"We Ain't Talk Nothing About You. I Guarantee. I Can't Talk About You To Her."

I Smacked My Lips. "Whatever."

"Anyway. What You Been Doing All Day?" He Asked Sitting Down.

"Nothing. Thinking." I Said Twisting The Top Off The Mayo.

"My Nigga.... Since When Did You Start Eating Mayo My Guy?"

"I Like To Try New Things."

"Mhmm... I Bet Anywho.."

"What Mijo?"

"Well, I Know Baby Girl Birthday Coming Up And You Don't Really Know What She Likes--"

I Cut Him Off. "She Likes Minny Mouse Her Favorite Color Is Purple And Her Favorite Place Is ChuckECheese."

"Why Don't You Take Her There Then?" He Asked.