Chapter 2: Butterflies

Amara

I woke up the next morning early so that I can get to the meeting on time. Cameron is at my mom's house until the meeting is over.

I don't know what this meeting is about but it needs to come and go so that I can come back home and relax before my performance tonight on the Queen Latifah show.

*****

We pulled up to the label meeting and got out. I hated the fact that I had to be surrounded by security guards everywhere we went, don't get me started on the paparazzi.

"Good morning." Reggie said pulling out my chair after shaking my hand smiling.

Reggie was the label mediator. He sets up meetings And brought in the new artist such as myself and others.

I sat down and folded my hands.

"Good morning." I spoke.

"Just a few moments until we start we're waiting on the other artist to get here." He said.

Who was the other artist? I didn't really care who it was I just wanted to go home.

A few seconds later there was a knock at the door. He got up and answered It.

"Chris breezy what's up man!" They gave each other and handshakes I. Immediately blushed and smiled. Are you serious?

He sat down across from me and smiled at me.

I Smiled and looked down.

"Chris this is Amara and Amara this is Chris."

"What's the reason for this meeting?" He asked looking at Reggie.

"Well, the x album needs another angle to hold the people over until the album drops and Amara here needs a song to reveal her voice more. So therefore..." He trailed off.

"You want us to do a song together?" I asked picking up where he left off.

"Yeah. Besides, If you put a new voice with the hottest voice out right now, it will be hot!"

I looked at Chris who looked at me. We both blushed so I turned around.

"So, What do you think?"

I nodded.

"I'm down."

He looked at Chris awaiting his answer.

"Cool." He said smiling.

"Good. So You two can pick the date and then work your magic, and I'll be in the background to watch it all happen." He walked out and it was just us two.

"What day works for you?" I said breaking the silence.

"Tuesday at 9:30?"

"I'll have to see. My son starts school that day."

"I understand. You just call me and let me know."

He gave me a card with his number on it and smiled.

"Thank you. And I will let you know the time that works."

We walked out and went our separate ways. This boy got me having butterflies already.

Chris

I can't lie. I wasn't trying to come off strong on her. But she is just gawgeous. Make me wanna settle down.

I hope this song bring us closer together cause I gotta get her.

I got in the car and started thinking about Amara. For some reason I couldn't get her off my mind.