Chapter 18

Chris

After me and Amara's date the other night, me and Nikki been fighting like cats and dogs. We not even together.

I was watching and eating Cap'n Crunch. Then here she come, yelling and what not.

"Chris, I'm tired of picking your clothes around the room." She said sitting the laundry basket on the chair in the dining room.

"My room." I said not making contact with her.

"I am not your maid! You need to learn how to stop being so lazy!" She said picking up clothes and slamming them in the basket. "I'm not finna keep picking updater you!"

"That's why I got maids for." I mumbled stuffing a spoonful in my mouth.

"What?" She asked.

I ignored her. I can't stand to hear a woman nag. That's a turn off.

"You act like a big baby. Watching cartoons all the time, eating cereal, and leaving clothes everywhere." She said turning the tv off.

I just kept eating my cereal and ignoring her playing on my phone.

"Are you even listening to me?" She asked crossing her Arms.

I nodded still looking on my phone.

"Nah. Not really."

She rolled her and and sighed walking away.

I got up and put my bowl in the sink and grabbed my shoes. I wasn't finna sit up in here with her and listen to her talk to me like she my mama. Not gone happen.

"You leaving?" She asked opening the fridge.

I nodded not looking at her.

"Why are you ignoring me?" She asked crossing her arms.

"Cause all you do is nag and yell and fuss all the time. I'm not asking you to walk around here cleaning up for me that's why I have maids. And I definitely don't need you to talk to me like I'm a child." I semi yelled.

"First off, I don't see the need to have maids if you don't use them! Second wouldn't have talk to you like a child if you would stop acting like one all the time."

I ignored her. So over this conversation.

I grabbed my keys and walked towards the door.

We not even together. The obsession is officially REAL!

Amara

Me and My best friend Lala was kicking it today. That's my girl I love her. She always gives me advice when I need it and I can talk to her about anything.

"What about these?" I asked her putting some really cute joggers up to me.

"Those are cute!" She smiled. "You gone wear them for? Chris?" She asked snickering.

"Haha." I said looking at her.

"Girl I don't know why you acting like you don't like him, I'm seeing y'all everywhere together now, so don't try to act like you don't like him." She said looking throughout racks.

"We're just trying to promote our song." I said lying.

"How you gone promote a song at a art club?" She asked. I was silent.

"Right. Girl I been knowing you for over 7 years. And plus you used to always talk about Chris." She said walking towards the dressing room. "So how many dates have you been on?"

I laughed to myself.

"I don't know like three." I said shrugging.

"Have you kissed on any of them?" She asked.