26.

"Are you for real?" Jiyu questioned, crossing her arms onto her chest.

"What? We said all the games," Jaemin answered, shrugging.

The group was in front of the 'labyrinth of mirrors' entrance. It was basically a closed maze full of mirrors everywhere. The game consisted in that whoever managed to find the exit won, and those who could not make it, would be able to leave freely after fifteen minutes.

"Why? Are you afraid? Don't worry, sweetie, I'll protect you," Jaemin kept teasing her, to which Jiyu just rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, you better stay away from me," she said to make her way inside the maze, followed by a more than happy Jaemin, who had a smirk plastered on his face.

The rest of the group just exchanged glances, shrugged, and made their way inside the maze too. Apart from them, there were some other people inside the maze, waiting for the game to start.

"I swear to God, Chenle if you leave me behind..." Jisung warned, almost whispering. The Chinese boy just chuckled in annoyance.

"I won't," Chenle said, rolling his eyes. "Stop acting like a baby, dude."

"Fifteen minutes start now," said an almost robotic voice through the speakers inside the maze, startling some of the people there.

The door behind them slowly closed and the different paths were illuminated by dim lights alongside the reflections of the immovable mirrors.

"We shouldn't have accepted this," Jisung's low-toned voice was heard.

"Move your ass, Andy!" And that was Ryung.

Without giving it too much thought, Dahyun started walking to one of the many available paths. Even when she tried to follow Jiyu, finding her was quite a challenge. A challenge she failed to accomplish.

Behind her, just some steps away, Haechan was having an internal conflict. He wanted to follow her but he also thought that might be seen as a little bit creepy, he didn't want to be seen as a stalker. So, after some minutes thinking about it, he decided to take a random path and started walking. It would be over soon, anyway.

Just like that, the group parted ways.

Jiyu was determined to find her way out, mostly because Jaemin was behind her throwing some comments to purposely annoy her, making the game unbearable. Nevertheless, Jaemin was having the time of his life, his smirk never left the boy's face, annoying the girl was quite entertaining.

On the other side, Jisung was holding tight to his sister and Chenle's arms. If he got lost, he wouldn't do it alone. 

🌻

Just some minutes into the game Haechan got tired of walking. The boy was sure he was already lost, even the track of time became confusing. 

A sigh escaped from his lips, showing his annoyance at having heard Jaemin's idea. 

"Stupid Jaemin, next time I'll-"

"Dad? Dad! Where are you?" The soft voice of a kid has heard nearby his surroundings, making Haechan snap back from his thoughts. "Dad! I'm scared," the voice broke, indicating that the kid might have started crying.

An indecipherable wave of despair hit Haechan's body, causing his footsteps to start heading towards where that voice came from without asking for permission. Haechan used the sound of little sobs as his compass to follow the right path. 

Sweat began to fall from his forehead while his steps became faster, following the broken voice of the child.

After just a few seconds, he could spot the figure of a child in the distance, sitting on the floor with his head hidden in his hands, crying. Haechan's heart clenched at that sight, while his steps slowly tried to get closer to the kid.