53.

Surprisingly, the last rays of the sun were slightly making their way through the window, fighting against the dense darkness that winter brought with it. 

Those few means of light undoubtedly embellished the already breathtaking natural scene. Doyoung took a deep breath, enjoying overall the environment. Despite the fact that winter was still present, the sounds of nature gradually resumed, giving the ear a splendid-

"Stop being stubborn, just follow what I say."

"Uhm, no thanks? I'm almost an adult, I'm pretty sure I can handle this."

"Yeah, you're almost an adult and you're almost ruining everything. Stop being so stubborn!"

"Let me do it!" 

"Stop acting like a child!"

"I'm not! You're acting like an old lady!"

Doyoung sighed and stopped typing on his computer the report that must be sent that same night. Massaging the bridge of his nose, he blew out a breath and headed toward where the noise was coming from.

The kitchen.

"Just give me the freaking scoop!"

"No! I'm doing just fine, stop bothering me!"

"Ugh, you're acting like an idiot!"

"You are the idiot!"

"Excuse me?! What did you just-"

"Can both of you stop?! What the hell is happening anyway?" Doyoung snapped, making both siblings turn in his direction. "I can hear you from the living room, what the hell is going on?" He demanded an answer, placing his hands on his hips, and looking at them with knitted brows.

The Lee siblings stared at Doyoung with widened eyes, both struggling to have the scoop. The oldest raised his brows at them, making them leave the scoop aside.  

An overwhelming silence took over the room for about ten seconds before both siblings stated out loud.

"He started!" "She started!"

At the same time.

Doyoung closed his eyes and tried with all his might to control himself. "Calm down, Doyoung. It's okay, you can handle this," he murmured. 

"Okay, both of you, get out of the kitchen, I'll cook the meal," he commanded, reaching for the kitchen apron that was near the cupboard. 

"But-"

"But? I might not have heard clearly, someone said but?" Doyoung's tone made both get out of the kitchen immediately. "Don't come back until I tell you to and stop arguing!"

Both siblings made their way to the living room with their heads down, once in front of the sofa, they sat slumping there. In unison, they let out a sigh.

"Why do you kids have that face? It seems that someone scolded you badly," a familiar mocking voice made both of them turn their heads towards where the voice came from.

"Mom?!" 

"Mom?" Doyoung's head peaked through the kitchen door, showing his widened eyes. 

"Hi, Doyoung," Solhee smiled, but soon her brows knitted at smelling something weird, "why does it smell like something is burning?"

"Oh, wait- hell no!"

Once Doyoung disappeared, Solhee turned her view to her two children who were standing there with widened eyes. 

"How-"

"Why-"

"When-"

"I've been taken care of well the past few days, I needed to go to the bathroom, right now, I guess," she answered with a slightly mocking tone.