52.

Realizing that you are beginning to feel love for someone who may never be able to reciprocate with it can end up turning said love into a root of bitterness that will paint your entire outlook gray.

That day the sunset was beautiful, the sky painted in warm colors, the sun hiding like every day but in a more graceful way. Everything seemed taken from a movie scene, even the couple that was melted in a desperate embrace full of love. Certainly a beautiful sight.

A beautiful sight that broke Solhee's heart piece by piece.

He was in love with someone else and later she would realize that this love would not be easy to turn off. Actually, that never happened.

The engagement party and the wedding took place as planned. The opinion of the young Donghyuck mattered little or nothing. Later Solhee would find out how threatened his parents had him, even involving the third part of the story.

Donghyuck never blamed Solhee, he knew that she was a victim just like him. However, he wasn't able to love her either. 

The root of bitterness in her heart was watered by the constant tears she heard her husband shed. Every tear was a reminder of how she wasn't enough and never would be.

Their children came because of the pressure put on them by their parents. In the same way, deep inside her, Solhee hoped that having children would awaken some feeling inside of him. It was her last resort.

Love grew inside of him, but towards the kids, not her. He would always say that he appreciate her or how grateful he was. But that was it. Not more.

Each failed attempt to win his love only gradually increased the bitterness in her heart.

But the straw that broke the camel's back and was a turning point in Solhee's life was one spring night, when not feel the presence that normally occupied the other half of her bed, she woke up and looked for him.

In the backyard, there they were. Holding each other like the last time she saw them together. Before misunderstanding things, Donghyuck was never unfaithful to her, after getting married he never improperly touched any other woman, but he could never deny a hug to who he claimed to be the love of his life.

Since then, Solhee's attitude toward her husband changed drastically. Her love was sunk by the abundant rancor that took the reins of her heart.

She allowed herself to be seduced by the idea of a fairy tale that her own heart wove together and her parents cemented. When the bubble she was living in burst, the reality was crueler than she expected.

Solhee had to learn to live next to someone who would never love her. Sometime later she found some comfort in work, she thought that by keeping her mind occupied and being in control of everything, she could never be hurt again.

Even if that meant controlling the lives of those around her.

Her children were the first affected. It didn't matter what, Solhee made sure that her opinion had a heavier weight than her husband's in any matter related to the children's lives.

After a deep talk with his mother, Dahyun and Haechan decided to let Solhee rest, since it was evident that sharing all those memories was a little bit difficult for her. 

Dahyun was clear in stating that she had forgiven Solhee even before she apologized, not wanting to have bad blood between them. 

Dahyun reminded Solhee of her younger self. Full of love and hope. She didn't want that to go away, so she decided that the best way was to separate them. That was her mistake. Adults make the biggest mistakes when they decide for their children without taking into account the opinion of the one to whom life belongs.