30.

The long-haired brunette let out a sigh while her eyes were directed to her bandaged left foot.

"Good job, Dahyun," her internal voice said sarcastically.

Ms. Oh, the school nurse, had diagnosed the younger girl with a sprained ankle. 

According to her nurse's explanation, it wasn't in itself a major injury, but if she didn't want it to get worse she was advised to take care of herself for at least a week. In a summary, the girl couldn't walk on her own without the bothersome crutches, she couldn't take the bus. Oh, great, she couldn't even drive herself to school. 

Dahyun scoffed bitterly, thinking about it put her in a bad mood. Let's just say that Dahyun extremely hated being dependent.

Snapping her out of her thoughts, a familiar car parked outside her house, where she was waiting seated on a makeshift seat.

"Morning," Haechan greeted, trying so hard not to show his joy, getting out of his car to approach Dahyun and help her into the co-driver's seat.

"Morning," she greeted back, with a monotonic tone.

Dahyun fastened her seat belt as she watched as Haechan turned around to get into the driver's seat. Once they were both inside the car, the boy started the engine and the car started to move.

A quick explanation. As Haechan found the girl injured, he took her to the nursery room, not without giving the poor Junsun a deathly glare. Obstinately denying to leave her side, he stood next to the litter where the girl was sitting, Haechan carefully listened to all the nurse's instructions and informed Dahyun that, as she couldn't take the bus, he would be picking her up daily to take her to school.

Did she have time to refuse? Of course not.

"I like your hoodie," he complimented, trying to light up the mood.

"Thanks. It's Chenle's." At those words, Haechan's bright expression faded as his fingers tighten his grip on the steering wheel. Gazing at the traffic lights turning red in front of him, his feet stepped the break so hard that the car stopped harshly.

Dahyun was thankful for the fact she was wearing the seat belt. Her gaze went forwards, to see if he stopped not to hit something or someone, but there was nothing in front of the car.

"Does he give away his clothes to all of his friends?" He asked unexcitingly, looking straightforward. Let's say, he didn't really enjoy the fact that she was wearing another guy's clothes.

"No, actually he gave it to me that day at the amusement park," she explained, totally oblivious of the boy's annoyance. "Maybe I should give it back."

"Yeah, you should."

🌻

"And don't forget, our first midterm is next class," the teacher reminded, earning complaints and grunting from students. The teacher just sighed. "Be a teacher, they said, it will be fun, they said," he whispered to himself.