18.

Renjun always looks so done with Hyuck 😭 I love it

_________________________________________

"Why the hell did I do that?"

That question had been rounding Haechan's head all day. After ripping up the blue card, Haechan returned home and spent the whole day in his room staring at the ceiling. He felt so conflicted. For once in a while, he didn't really feel like himself, or at least not the version of himself he was used to being.

A frustrated sigh escaped his lips as he got up, directing his steps to his balcony. Leaning his elbows on the railing, he looked up at the sky. The night was surprisingly starry, which made the view from his room heavenly beautiful.

The vibrating of his cell phone in his pocket caused the observation session to end. He stared at his phone and a smirk formed on his face. After pressing the green button on the screen, the image of his now brunette friend appeared there.

"Ya! You freaking bastard, why haven't you been picking my calls?!" Haechan complained while holding the phone in front of him.

"There's something called 'time zone', you dumbass," Renjun answered. "Korea is seven hours ahead of France. And you always call at the worst moments."

"Whatever," Haechan said. "Why are you calling me then?"

"Because Jaemin and your cousin are so freaking annoying," Renjun explained. "Why aren't you picking up the phone? They said they haven't seen you the whole day."

"I just wanted to be alone.." Haechan muttered, but Renjun was able to hear him.

"I thought your emo phase was over" Renjun teased him, making Haechan roll his eyes in annoyance. "I'm kidding, relax. What happened then?"

"I'm pretty sure Jaemin already told you."

"What? About you helping someone? Yeah, they were shocketh," he laughed. "But the most interesting detail is who you helped." Renjun noticed that Haechan was nervous because he couldn't look at him directly, which made him smile mockingly. "Have you invited her out yet?"

"Why are you so obsessed with me inviting that girl out?!" Haechan asked with exasperation.

"Damn, I'm sorry then. You don't have to do it if you don't want to-"

"That's the fucking problem!" Haechan snapped back, surprising Renjun. "It's not that I don't want to.."

"Then you want to?"

"No! Well, shit, I don't know!" He exclaimed defeated. "She's always talking back to me, doing the opposite of what I tell her to do, calling me 'spoiled jerk', and.." Haechan sighed in frustration, running a hand through his hair. "No one has ever done that to me. I hate when she does that, but, why I don't hate her too?"

Renjun stared at his friend through his phone, noticing how conflicted he looked. It was so weird seeing Haechan in that state.

"Well, damn, that's a predicament right there."

"You're not helping much."

"What? Do you want me to tell you what to do?"

"I mean If you can..."

"Well, I can't, Lee Haechan, that right there is something that you have to figure out by yourself. I can't tell you how you have to feel, no one can."

"What do I do then?"

"Mmm, well, why don't you try to get to know her better?" He suggested, making Haechan chuckle.

"Renjun, this is not one of the dramas you watch..."