42.

A dense silence invaded the room once Dahyun narrated her last encounter with Mrs. Lee as well as she could. The brunette girl tried with all her will not to sob or break down in front of all the people that went to see her. She tried. Either way, a rebel tear slid down her cheek, making a certain someone snap.

"What a bitch!"

"Ya! Park Ryung!" Jisung exclaimed horrified by his sister's reaction.

"What? Did she lie?" Chenle intervened with an offended tone. "That woman literally came to Dahyun's house brazenly talking nonsense, saying that she is not good enough for her son," the Chinese boy said as if he was spitting poison. After taking a moment to breathe, he scoffed. "Not good enough my ass-"

"Okay!" Jisung came through once again. "Enough. We won't gain a thing just insulting the other part, we need to think what to do instead."

"I agree," Jaemin added.

"She's a bitch though- ow!," Renjun mumbled, earning an elbow from Yuna. Jeno leaned his head in behind her sister, giving his friend a thumbs up in support of his comment.

"Either way," Yuna said, glancing at the two boys sitting next to her. "She's wrong, Dahyun. All the things she said couldn't be more wrong. You brought so much to my cousin's life, believe me."

Noticing the insecurity in Dahyun's eyes, Jaemin realized how deeply Haechan's mother's words had sunk into her mind. "As his friends, almost brothers, we can tell for sure, Dahyun, that this dude had a 360 change in his life since he met you," he said.

Dahyun's eyes wandered between Jeno and Renjun, somehow looking for reassurance, which she found through them nodding in agreement with the last statement said. However, it was difficult for her to storm out those negative thoughts since they had been running around her mind for a while now.

"Have you noticed how he hasn't handed out a single blue card since he canceled yours?" Jeno asked after a brief silence. "You make him a better person, Dahyun."

The group spent just around an hour in the house, since they noticed how tired Dahyun was. As Jisung said, they knew that they had to come out with a plan but decided to think about it carefully before doing something reckless. 

Or at least that was the intention.