51.

#GetWellSoonHaechan 🌻💚

January came with a glimpse of hope.

The holiday season passed quickly in the Lee household. With not so much to celebrate, Doyoung tried to prepare special dinners for both Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve, in order to bring a little bit of joy to the Lee siblings.

On Mrs. Lee's side, her condition remained the same. Looking at the positive side, it was a good thing she was able to be stable at home but even that didn't bring relief to her children, who always woke up expecting better news.

Talking about her children, more specifically about the youngest, they started to take baby steps in order to restore their relationship. It goes without saying that none of them were good at talking about what they felt. You could say it was something genetic.

"Can you stop moving? You're making me dizzy-" Doyoung said but was quickly cut down.

"I don't think this is a good idea, isn't it a bit too rush?" Haechan asked at a faster pace than he used to talk, walking back and forth in the living room, while Dohee and Doyoung's gazes followed him.

"Now you're exaggerating," Dohee spoke, keeping her eyes on Haechan's never-ending walking. "You heard them, both said they're okay with it. In my opinion, you're the one overthinking everything."

Haechan scoffed, finally stopping his steps in front of the couple, to which Doyoung just muttered a relieved "finally".

"Well, I'm sorry for worrying," he sarcastically apologized, "but the last time they saw each other things weren't as smoothly as you might imagine, you know?"

"But you also know that mom is not the same as she used to be, right? You've seen her," Dohee said, stood, and placed her hand on her brother's shoulder. "She seems to want to make things right this time, uhm?" Her soft voice helped the boy to relax.

"Yeah, you're right," he muttered breathily "Sorry."

"Just don't panic, dude."

At that exact moment, the bell of the main entrance rang, indicating the arrival of the anticipated guest, which made Haechan go back to alert mode.

"Okay, panic!"

"I swear to God this kid..."

🌻

"So, you must be Dahyun," Dohee said, placing a glass of water on the small wooden table in front of the younger girl. "I've heard a lot of things about you," the older girl delivered the line with a sincere smile, which was mirrored by Dahyun.

"Good things, I hope," the girl said in a low voice, trying to hide her nervousness. Yeah, Donhyuck wasn't the only one. "I've heard a lot of things about you as well, Ms-"

"Oh, no, please, just call me Dohee. I'm still young, or at least let me pretend I am," she jokingly said. "Oh my, no, I sound like an old aunt-"

"Alright~," Doyoung appeared coming down the stairs, "Calm down, sweetheart," he said, putting his arm around his wife's shoulders, giving the younger a soft smile. "I think everything is ready."