41.

When Jiyu opened the door that afternoon, she surely wasn't expecting that many people to be behind it. Three of the four members of the F4; the model, enterpriser, and now attorney-to-be Lee Yuna; the two children of the Head Congressman Park; and the grandchild of the founder of one of the biggest technological emporiums in Asia were standing in front of her with puppy-like eyes.

"Ehm, can we see Dahyun?"

Still perturbed by the unexpected number of people, Jiyu just nodded and took a step back to let them in. The full group entered the house, and suddenly the medium size living room felt way too small. 

"I think Ryung and Yuna should go first. If she's willing to talk with us, then the rest go," Jaemin suggested, trying to fast the process.

Both girls nodded while the rest agreed silently, taking seats in the living room. Without wasting a second, Ryung and Yuna made their way to Dahyun's room guided by Jiyu.

"So, they are..." Renjun broke the heavy silence between all the guys, looking curiously at the two younger strangers that were sitting across the room.

"Jisung."

"Chenle."

"Aha," the older Chinese guy said. "Wait. Chenle? Chenle," he repeated, furrowing. "Isn't he the guy Haechan was jealous of?"

"Excuse me?" The said questioned, slightly highering up his tone. Jeno couldn't hold a chuckle after seeing the younger guy's confusion. "Haechan? Lee Haechan? He was jealous, you say? Of me?"

"I can't wait for all of this to be over for Haechan to know how you just exposed him."

While the people in the living room were trying to have a little chit-chat, the girl's stood in front of Dahyun's room. After exchanging glances, Ryung decided to knock on the door cautiously.

"Dahyun," she called her friend. "It's me, Ryung. Can you please open the door?"

No response.

"We are worried, D," she tried again.

Again,  no response.

Yuna looked at Ryung, signaling that she wanted to try this time.

"Dahyun, it's me, Yuna," she softly spoke. "You must be so overwhelmed with this whole situation, and I'm so sorry for being so insistent but we want to understand what's happening and find a way to help you."

Nothing.

The three girls let out a sigh full of frustration. Jiyu ran her hand through her hair as a sign of desperation, she just wanted to know that her cousin was alright, but this whole situation made her feel helpless.

"Okay, my turn," a male voice made the three girls turn. 

"Jeno-"

"I know this wasn't the plan, noona, but we really have no time to waste."

Jeno walked straight to the door, making the girls step back for him to knock on the wooden surface.

"Listen, I know we are not friends, we bearly had spoken once I think," he said taking a deep breath after. "But I- no, we need to know what's going on. Dahyun, you are the only source we have left. Renjun tried to reach Haechan but nobody is allowed to see him."

Once again he took a second to breathe and look for the right words before his patience ran out and he end up kicking down the door. That plan was tempting him if he was honest.

"I know my family, Dahyun. I know how twisted and fucked up we are. So, believe me when I say that whatever my aunt told you it's nothing near what Haechan thinks. She's trying to get into your mind, just as she did with Haechan after his father-"