39.

"I swear to God, Haechan if you don't leave that phone," Jaemin said exasperated, glaring at his friend in front of him while lighting the grill fire.

"She hasn't replied yet," the said male muttered, a glitch of sadness showing in his eyes while his gaze was fixed on his phone screen. "This is not normal."

"Stop being so dramatic," Jeno intervened, patting his cousin's shoulder. "She might be busy or something."

"Or maybe she's already tired of you," Renjun said, from his comfortable position in the chair, enjoying how the sun went down, with a bag of chips in one hand. "I mean, I already am and I've been here for about, what, a week?"

Haechan rolled his eyes at his friend's comment, nevertheless, he couldn't ignore the bothering feeling growing in his chest. It wasn't bothering him just the fact that his girlfriend wasn't replying. Something was off, he could sense it.

"Alright, enough," Jaemin sentenced, snatching the phone off Haechan's hand, who protested but shortly since Jaemin gave him a warning look. "It's a boys' trip! Stop with your couple-cute-disgusting things," he said doing weird facial expressions. "From now on, phones are banned."

"Oh, too bad then, Jiyu just sent you a message," Jeno said with a playful tone while picking up Jaemin's phone from the table before the owner could.

With superhuman speed, Jaemin arrived next to his friend and took his phone with widened eyes. However, the excitement quickly became bitter when he heard the laughs of his friends filling the space.

"Well, damn, you're down bad, dude."

"Fuck you all," the black-haired boy hissed, going back to the grill.

"Oh! That's what I was forgetting," Renjun said all of the sudden. "Who the hell is Jiyu?"

"She's Dahyun's cousin," Haechan replied, sitting next to his older friend. "An important fact you should know: Jaemin has a crush on her."

"I don't have a crush on her."

"No, you're right. I'm simplifying things. You're head over heels for her."

Jaemin decided to ignore the comment and just mocked his friend, despite turning his back on the boys. On the other hand, Jeno had cleverly hidden his cell phone from Jaemin and linked his mobile device with the speaker Haechan had brought.

Soon, the sound of 'Candy' by Baekhyun filled the backyard of the cabin the group had rented to spend the weekend, shrugging off all the tension and worries that filled the boys' minds previously.

"We should have asked Jisung and Chenle to join us," Jaemin's voice was heard above the melody of the song and Haechan's harmonization with the idol's voice, who just nodded in agreement without stopping his inspired singing. Jeno agreed as well.

"Yeah- wait, who the hell are they?"

"Dude, you really missed a lot."