28.

"An arcade?" Haechan asked with a judgemental tone while raising a brow, his eyes wandering around, inspecting carefully the place from the front entrance.

"Cool, isn't it?" Dahyun said with a wide child-like smile. Jisung had introduced her to this place not a while ago and she instantly fell in love with it.

"Childish, if you ask me."

"No one did. Let's go." She grabbed his wrist and pulled him inside the arcade.

After the almost disastrous picnic, Dahyun thought that going to a more lively place would alleviate a little of the tension. What would be better than some fun games? 

"Well, first we need some game tokens," Dahyun said, standing in front of the counter. While taking her wallet off her little purse, she felt a hand stopping her action.

"I'll pay," Haechan said, already scanning the QR code displayed on the wall with his phone.

"That's not fair, I brought us here," she complained, frowning at his actions.

"Yeah, but I ruined the picnic, so I want to make it up to you."

"But you paid for all the food at the picnic-"

"Alright then," he cut her words with a calm tone, "next time is on you," he said, passing by with the tokens already in his hand. At noticing the girl's widened eyes, a smirk appeared on his face.

"Next time?" She whispered to herself.

"Aren't you coming?" He called her, already some meters away.

Dahyun shook her head to get rid of any misplaced thoughts and took big steps to go to the boy's side.

"What if we do the things a little bit more interesting?" Haechan said while walking around the arcade, spotting the different machines and games.

"A little bit more interesting? What do you mean?"

"A bet. It's pretty simple, the one that loses has to grant a wish to the winner. Deal?" Haechan extended his hand to her, failing to hide the mischievous expression on his face. 

On the other side, Dahyun raised her brows and crossed her arms on her chest. "What's the trick, Lee?"

"What? You don't trust me?" Haechan said with an offended tone, placing one hand on his chest. 

Noticing the bored expression on the girl's face that you could read as a "really?", he stopped acting and shoved his hands inside the pockets of his jeans. 

"C'mon. Are you afraid of losing?" He asked teasing her. She scoffed, placing her hands on her hips.

"Deal. Then I choose the first game," the girl said, with already a plan on her mind.

Dahyun walked confidently to the basketball machine, followed by an overconfident Haechan. Nonetheless, she couldn't avoid smiling, knowing that she had already won. At least the first one.

"Are you sure? I didn't know you wanted to lose so early," he said. The height difference gave him enough confidence to say that the victory was in his pocket. Little did he know.

"Words are cheap, Lee," Dahyun said, throwing a ball to the guy's chest, who thanks to his fast reflexes was able to avoid the impact. "Let's play."

🌻

Oh, she won. 

Dahyun didn't miss a single point on the basketball machine. Haechan's jaw almost hit the floor when he noticed how good she was. Well, he didn't know she used to be part of the basketball team.