Home Sweet Home

Liz

Once everyone is through the portal I close it up. We find ourselves in the living room area of the mansion once more. Only difference is this time we are all beat up and bloody. Tony wastes no time making his way to the mini bar and pouring him and his three brothers a drink. 

Once all the men have them in their hands he goes to sit down at his usual chair in the corner. Us women watch on as they swallow the liquid down in one gulp. "So, is it finally over?" My sister's small voice asks from across the room. 

I hear a score come from Cassie. Causing my sister to look over at her. "What?" She shrugs her shoulders at the woman as they stare at one another. 

"Where was your father and mother?" Kaydens deadly voice cuts through the tension. He's glaring at Cassie from where he stands propped up against the wall. Ellie is sitting in a chair before him rubbing her belly. 

"That's the thing. They weren't there. Meaning they are still out there." Cassie rubs her chin with her forefinger and thumb. Trapped in her thoughts. 

"What is it?" I know my voice has come out kind of forcefully but I just want her to spit it out already. We all need this to be over. For goodness sake it's taken so much energy out of us all. 

"I'm just wondering what their plan is." She looks at everyone in the room one by one. "My uncle was there, and when the fighting started he ran off with the few men he had." 

"That's not normal for him?" My sister's voice comes out weak. Her fear broke through. Keith walks up beside her and holds her close to his body. 

"Not at all. Especially not running away from his own property." Cassie stands up and begins pacing across the floor. " We found them in my family's mansion. Meaning no one in my family would want to leave that house unless they were up to something sinister." 

"There anything you can think of that would tell us what they are up to?" Joshua's voice comes out raspy from beside me. " No, other than his not so secretive wink he shot at me before going through his portal." 

Everyone in the room grows quiet. Before another word can be said Joshua takes my hand with his and begins walking us out of the room. Everyone watches our departure, but my eyes find Ellie's. She has a mischievous look upon her face. She gives me a little wave with her fingers making my eyes roll at her. 

Joshua doesn't speak a word the entire walk to our room. Once we've reached our destination he closes the door, turns to face me as he leans against it with one leg up behind him and his arms crossed. His eyes look to the floor as he works through his thoughts. 

After a few moments of nothing but silence I can't take it anymore. Placing my hand on top of my belly I rub it up and down. "Want to talk about this?" I keep my focus on my belly. I can't brong.mu eyes to look at him. Especially, if he feels it's a mistake. Tears build behind my eyes with that thought. 

"Liz," I can hear him calling my name but I can't look up at him. I hear his footsteps coming closer to my body. His hand goes below my chin and lifts it up to look at him. Once my head is full up, I close my eyes. I can't open my eyes to see the devastation I'm afraid will be looking back at me in his. 

"Open those baby blues Firecracker." At the use of my nickname they pop open of their own accord. My sight is so blurry with my tears he looks like one big blob. 

I break out in nervous laughter with the sight of him. His hands touch the sides of my head as his thumbs wipe away the tears that have fallen. Once the last of my tears dry up I take a deep breath and look at the man standing before me. 

He has a breathtaking smile on his face. One of his hands makes it's way to my belly. He covers my hand with his, I watch as he looks down and a full blown smile forms on his lips his white teeth show perfectly. 

"I can't tell you just how ecstatic I feel about this." His words make my heart beat faster. I can't help myself. I throw myself at him and kiss him with all my might. 

One moment we are kissing up against our bedroom door, the next he's walking me back toward our bed. I fall back first upon it, him on top of me. He holds my head at the right angle for him and devours my mouth with his.

Within seconds we are all tongue, teeth and lips. His hands make their way to my shirt. He rips it down the middle and wastes no time throwing it across the room. Next comes my pants. His hands move down my body, feeling every crevice of me.

I feel his claws grow longer where his fingers once were. They used to terrify me. Not any longer. Now they turn me on with the longer he touches me. He takes those claws and tears my pants clean off my body. With one digit he clips my thong on the sides. There is a sense of confinement along my hip before the material tears from his strength.

His actions cause me to moan aloud. I can't help myself when I'm around him. He makes me want to never leave our bed. I just want to tumble around for the next few hours with him. We've had so many close calls the last couple hours, I only want to hold him within my arms and never let him go.