Something is Wrong

Liz

I waste no time running out of our bedroom door. I have the comforter wrapped around my naked body, but I don't feel a thing. Not even the feel of the wood under my feet as I run as fast as I can. 

I just hope everyone is still in the living room. Discussing what may happen next. It would make things so much easier getting their attention, rather than having to go to each separate bedroom. "Help!" I scream with all my might. 

Why does this mansion have to be so big? I can hear voices in the distance. I'm at least getting closer to where everyone is. 

"So, you really don't have a clue what your parents are up to?" "Personally, I find that hard to believe." This is the last thing I hear them discussing before I scream with all my might. "We need your Help!" 

As I come around the corner, everyone stops discussing and turns to face me. Ellie is the first one to walk in my direction. After she has taken in my appearance. 

I can only imagine what I look like. Hair a mess, naked with nothing but a comforter hiding my private areas, and screaming with tears pouring down my face. Gradually, she stands in front of me, placing her hands on my arms. 

"What's wrong Liz?" She asks me carefully. Placing my hands on her shoulders I look her in the eyes, pleading with her to listen to me. "Something is wrong." 

"Ok, ok honey. What is wrong?" I want to tell her, but the words will not come out. I feel like I'm hyperventilating, so I cannot catch my breath. 

"All right. Calm down." I shake my head at her words. I wish I could Ellie, but it's not that easy. I'm freaking out. "Can't." That is all I can get out. 

She nods her head at me, "Ok why don't you show me." Thank goodness she understands me so well. I turn my head in Kaydens direction. He must understand as well, because he steps behind her. "Let's go." He whispers to me. 

Without another word I take a hold of Ellie's hand, turn and run. Knowing full well Kayden is following after us. We make it back to our bedroom door in record time.  It's still slightly open from my fast departure. 

I state at the door, stuck in a frozen state. I can't go in that room and see Joshua in any pain or worse. A whimper falls from my lips. Ellie wraps me in a tight hug, running a hand through my hair and whispering in my ear. 

"You two stay out here. I'll go in and see what's going on." I hear Kayden say in his low timbre. I bury my face further in her hair. I can feel her not her head at him. 

A moment later, the noise of the door being pushed open hits my ears and I hold my breath, as my arms hold onto Ellie tighter. "What the…." Kaydens voice tethers off as he walks further into the room. 

I hear what sounds to be a dog whining coming from inside the room. Causing me to pull away from Ellie. Looking up I see her face holds the same confusion as mine. 

I take a step towards the door, and just have my hand reached put to open it further when we hear footsteps coming on fast from behind us. We both turn around to see the rest of our family there.

Ellie holds up her hand to stop them all from going any further. Turning back to me she looks me straight in the eyes, without a word she nods her chin. Letting me know she is right behind me. I smile at her to show my thanks before turning to the door once more. 

Pushing it open, my mouth drops with the sight before me. There sits Kayden with Joshua's grey wolf laying by his feet. I take a deep breath, trying to calm my nerves, and gain both or their attention. 

When Joshua's eyes reach me he turns his head away suddenly. Looking ashamed that this has happened. "Hey, it's okay. You just turned somehow into your wolf without your knowledge." I try to keep my voice a little upbeat hoping it helps in some way. 

Walking to them, I sit down on my knees right in front of Joshua's wolf. "Just turn back and come to bed. We will forget this whole thing and talk in the morning." I give him my most sincere smile hoping it'll ease whatever pain he is feeling. 

"I'm afraid it isn't as simple as that." The sound of her voice has me turning my head to face her with my brows furrowed above my eyes. "Why wouldn't it be?" I know I have an attitude right now, but can they blame me? It's been one hell of a night. 

First, I find out that I am expecting. Something else Joshua and I need to discuss. Then, there was an all out bloody battle. That we won thank goodness. Now, we come home and have a romantic moment together for him to wind up in pain. Let's not forget running down to my family looking like a crazy woman, that is naked and a mess. 

Cassie walks slowly to where we are. Her eyes hold nothing but sadness as she looks between Joshua and I. She gives me a pitiful smile as she looks over my head to where Kayden is sitting behind me. 

"I think I understand now what my parents' plans are." She bites her bottom lip with her teeth as she looks away from us. "What is that exactly?" I can hear the fury in Kaydens voice as he asks her that question. 

She looks to Joshua once more, doesn't move from her spot and just stares. Making my anxiety spike higher than before. "Spit it out!" The sound of impatience coming from Ellie is both shocking and appreciated. 

Cassie shakes her head before looking at me. "I'm so sorry." She tells me as tears form in her eyes. The fact she's upset really pisses me off. So much that I jump up and get right in her face. "For What?" My voice comes out in a deathly low whisper. 

"I've only seen this happen one other time in my entire life." She backs away from me and turns her body toward the lone window in our room. Placing her hands on the windowsill she looks out at the grounds. "Seen what happened?" This time Martin speaks up, the rage coiling his body. "The curse of the full moon on werewolves." Her voice comes out in a whisper so low I almost hadn't heard her.