Chapter 4

She stood straight the moment she heard the door creek, it was just as she had guessed, the interview was probably over

She stood straight the moment she heard the door creek, it was just as she had guessed, the interview was probably over. She could feel her heart pick it's rhythm the moment he walked out through it. Sommadina stared at him anxiously, talking only a few steps away from the wall she had been standing in front of for the last hour.

Yes, she didn't move an inch since he walked into the room. She might have paced around once or twice but she waited for him. For some reason, she wanted to be the first to know how it went, she wanted to see for herself. She studied him as she watched him walk further away from the door after saying a few words to the lady that had escorted him in before.

She tried to read his face but she wasn't getting anything. She couldn't even guess if he passed or failed. Randal took a few more steps to her and then froze. He slowly raised his head to look at her from where he stood. The look on his face was...expressionless.

Why? What was it?

She froze for a second, refraining from taking any other steps. She was just going to wait it out, wait until he got to her. She bit on her lower lip hard, not caring if she smudged her red lipstick in the process.

Did he not pass the test? Had her father rejected him already? Was that why the interview didn't go on for long? She couldn't just stand there and guess, her nerves were killing her. She was about to take another step to him when she saw a wide smile forming on his lips. It was wider than any smile she had ever seen on him and before she was able to process the situation, she watched him drop the file he was holding and scurry towards her as fast as she could.

In less than five seconds, he grabbed her immediately and lifted her above the ground in excitement, twirling her around and laughing as loudly as possible. Yes, he was excited. It was good news and she could already tell it. His joy was contagious and before she knew it she was laughing too.

"I got it." He told her. "I got the job."

"You did?" She asked like it wasn't already obvious. He spun her around one more time and slowly dropped her to the ground.

"He said I could begin tomorrow."

"Woah, that soon?" He nodded as fast as possible.

"Apparently, the company needs all the hands that it can get. I also get to move into the staff's apartment as soon as possible." He turned around and rubbed his hand all over his head in disbelief. He quickly turned back to her. "Everything is happening so fast, I can't believe it, can you believe it?" He asked her, grabbing her hands and looking her right in her eyes.

"This is so amazing, it's really good news."

"It's great news." He shook her arm. "It's the best news. I- I don't understand how this is even possible. It feels like a dream."

"You deserve it, you deserve this." She told him as he finally got himself to be calm for a second. "I told you didn't I? You're extremely smart and diligent and I'm sure my father saw that too."