Chapter 83

"Give me that, give me all of them!"

Rafael walked into the room and could barely see a thing, but he could hear their voices. There were a lot of people that was surrounding the scene, it was hard to see anything or get a meaning out of what was going on.

"What the hell are you doing?!"

The old woman stopped the moment Rafael's loud yell echoed around the room. Olivia froze too, she could feel her heart racing as she and the rest of the crowd turned to Rafael, ensuring that they cleared a path for him.

The older woman gulped hard, widening her eyes as she stared at him, Rafael didn't waste time glaring at the situation that was visibly provoking him, he didn't have to. What he had seen had just told him exactly what he needed to know.

He walked briskly towards them.

"Rafael," Olivia whispered his name the moment he had gotten closer to them. He turned to the older woman and glared at her, right before he lowered his gaze to her hand that was grabbing on tightly to Olivia's which she had put firmly under her armpit. She had finally succeeded to undo Olivia's wristwatch and was just about to pull it off before he walked in.

Rafael had had just about enough of that madness for one year, he was sick of it and wasn't about to entertain any more of it. He reached for Olivia's hand immediately and pulled it away from the woman's hold. He grabbed her and pulled her behind him to protect her right after, turning back to the woman in front of him.

"What do you think you're doing mother?" He asked her again, this time, his upset was visible in the tone of his voice. He watched how the woman folded her fist immediately and dropped her hand weakly, her lips trembled like she was holding back from speaking.

"Why would you harass Olivia?" He went on to ask her.

"Harass who?" She asked him and then narrowed her gaze on him. "That woman?" She pointed at Olivia, irritation visible in her gaze on him.
"So the rumors are true then? She really bewitched you. Enough to forget your own family? Your wife, my late daughter and your child that you shared together? Marriage? A baby? Just what gave you the right to think you can move on huh?" She asked him.
"Who told you that you can be happy after taking away my happiness?" She asked as tears started to well up in her eyes.

"Just what did she do to you to make you lose your senses?" She pointed again at Olivia.
"What did that woman do to you? Was she the reason? Was she the woman you were flirting with? Was she the woman that made you abandon your family for? Made my daughter lonely for? Even until her death? All those time, all those years, you used your work as an excuse, was it to be with her? She's the reason isn't she? The reason that drove my daughter to her own death. Have you no shame Rafael?" She went on. Rafael wrapped his fingers around Olivia's hand, holding on to it tightly as he stared at the woman who still went on talking.