Chapter 31

Their loud laughter echoed down the the hallway as Amy and the other entertainers tried to find their way out of the club's exit, holding on tightly to their dressing bags

Their loud laughter echoed down the the hallway as Amy and the other entertainers tried to find their way out of the club's exit, holding on tightly to their dressing bags. It was five AM in the morning and she couldn't believe how exhausted she was from moving from one table to the other and enduring the loud music for about six hours. She would have done anything to be back in her bed.

She wondered why her friends had stopped laughing when they got closer to the door, the way they had drawn their last laugh sounded so suspicious. She remembered her joke being quite a funny one and didn't understand why they didn't think it was funny anymore.

She let her laughter fade out right after theirs, turning slowly to the door to follow their gaze too and froze when it met Tony, standing right beside the door with his legs crossed and his hands in the pockets of his jacket just like he always did every night. It was starting to be a habit and Amy wasn't sure if it was a good or bad one. She couldn't understand how he was so stubborn and why he wouldn't stop waiting for her on all her shift days.

For all she knew, Tony wasn't exactly a night person, it was really crazy how he never missed a day at the club since she started working there.

"Look, it's Amy's boyfriend."

Amy rolled her eyes and turned to them immediately.

"He's not my boyfriend." She told them. "He's just someone I know."

"Yeah right." The second girl said. "You say that all the time but what do you call a man that always shows up on all your shifts to take you home?"

"If he's not your boyfriend then what is he? Do you accept clients outside the club now?" The first girl laughed, exchanging hi-fives with the other one. Amy rolled her eyes and found herself shifting it back to Tony who waved at her and smiled brightly.

It was almost as if he was doing it intentionally now. He knew they were always going to talk about it and he enjoyed having them say all it is they always did. He was out to get her fired or force her to quit anyway. Amy let out a weak breath just as she felt the girls squeeze her shoulders and start to walk away as Tony found his way towards her, taking off his jacket as quickly as he could and forcing a smile at the ladies that greeted him as they walked away.

"Hey." He said as he hung his jacket over her shoulders.

"You know you can't keep doing this Tony, I thought I was clear about you not stopping by anymore last week?"

"And I thought I gave you a clear answer when you did?"

She exhaled to show her frustration and started to walk away, causing Tony to rush right after her. He stood beside her, managing to keep up with her pace as they got out of the building.

"What's the big deal anyway, why would anyone reject a free ride home?"

"I don't know what you're up to Tony, you must be doing all of this for a reason, I don't think I can afford to pay you for this and I don't want to be indebted to you any more than I already am-"