Chapter 74

Olivia finally let herself breathe the moment she felt the cold surface of the doctor's stethoscope leave her wrist

Olivia finally let herself breathe the moment she felt the cold surface of the doctor's stethoscope leave her wrist. She monitored the look on his face and could barely read a thing, not with how tired and afraid he was. Olivia remembered how his hand had trembled on her the entire time, and how he kept looking back at the door in fright to confirm if Austin was still there watching them. He was. It wasn't like he had anywhere else to be.

The old man gulped and slowly raised himself from the bed. He took two steps backwards and cowered.

"Your blood pressure," he started just as Olivia left her focus on him. "You need to take better care of yourself for the sake of your baby." He went on. "Rest, you need lots of it."

Olivia gulped hard as she slowly started to pull herself up from the bed without even letting the man finish. She needed to get back on her feet. There was something that she needed to do.

They both watched how Olivia managed to get on her feet again and how she had left her gaze on Austin who stood even straighter when his eyes caught it. He could see the frown on her face get even worse as she approached him. Her eye bags had gotten worse from literally crying all night and the dark circles under them were just enough to show anyone how exhausted she was at the same time.

Nothing made sense to her. She had spent the entire day wondering what had happened to Grace, wondering what Austin had done to her. She was worried, she was afraid of the worst case scenario. There was nothing the man in front of her could not do to fulfill his desires of wanting her all to himself.

Olivia glared at him the moment she got closer to him, she took about three seconds to put what she was about to do into consideration. She watched how his eyes were laced with concern and curiosity as she got closer.

Olivia slapped him and she made sure she put whatever strength she had left into it. The doctor gasped in shock. He wasn't the only one surprised, Austin was too. The way he froze for a second to take it all in showed just how much.

The satisfaction she had gotten from seeing that he had obviously hurt from it with the way his head had turned in the opposite direction and remained there gave her just a tiny bit of satisfaction. She watched how his cohort tried to step in to probably make her pay for what she had done but Austin stretched a hand to him to stop him. He was never going to let anyone hurt her anyway.

"Where is Grace?" Those were just about the only words that her chapped and pale lips could say just as tears welled up in her eyes again.
"What did you do to my daughter!" She yelled at him but Austin turned to look at her, holding himself back from giving her as little as a response.

"Did you hurt her? Did you-" Olivia sniffed, she found it really hard to say the next words she wanted to.
"Did you kill her?" Her voice broke again. She waited for him to say something but he didn't. Was that a confirmation? Did he really kill her?