Chpater 32

It was a long walk out of the arrival hall and Rafael was just glad that he was back home

It was a long walk out of the arrival hall and Rafael was just glad that he was back home. The past two days had been even more eventful than he had expected and for the first time in a long time, everything was working as it should have. He didn't only have a very valuable witness, but he was able to get more villagers to join him and share their stories. That had to be why he was barely available for anything else attending to all those meetings. He had barely had the time to check his phone either especially when he always returned to his hotel extremely late and exhausted, then be up early the next morning to attend to more meetings.

He was beyond exhausted the most out of every other thing he felt, and he couldn't wait to tell Olivia the good news.

"Welcome back sir."  Kenneth greeted the moment Rafael walked closer to the red Mercedes', opening the door wide just so Rafael had enough space to get in. Rafael took a deep breath, relaxing into the back seat as his secretary immediately found his way to the driver's seat.

He took a deep breath, fondling with his neck tie so he could loosen it up just a little bit, at least enough to finally breathe.

"How was your trip sir?" Kenneth asked the moment he got into the driver's seat.

"Productive." Rafael said as he let his gaze recline to the newspaper on the seat beside him. "How did things go here while I was gone?"

"The company's shareholders have called for an emergency meeting by twelve PM, that's about two hours from now."

Rafael let out an exhausted exhale. His days couldn't get any better, literally. He didn't understand the wrong timing of the shareholders. He had barely even settled in from his trip and there was yet another meeting to attend. He nodded his head, flipping over the first page of the news paper.

"Anything else?"

Kenneth hesitated,  there was something else but he wished he knew how to start. He wished he knew how to explain to him all the crazy things that had happened to Olivia while he was away. Rafael looked at him through the rear mirror. He could see how anxious he was, how nervous he was but he didn't put a lot of mind to it.

He lowered his gaze back to the paper as he closed it right back and froze the moment he saw one of the headlines. It was about the case and the interview Olivia was coerced to have. Rafael squinted his eyes so he could take it in, frown lines carving themselves on his forehead.

"What's the meaning of this?" His question was targeted to Kenneth.

"Sir-"

"Olivia granted the station an interview?"

"It looks like she was cornered and coerced to give a statement during the live broadcast. None of us expected something like that to happen." Kenneth went on. "It was almost as if someone had ordered this to happen looking at how detailed the questions they had asked her were. They had accused her of hiding the real truth about the death of her parents. I'm not sure how but they were able to get a hold of the events that took place at trial the other day. According to them, Ms Kalu hid the fact that her father was in an argument with her mother, ran into a truck while it happened, and blamed it on Mr Okonkwo, your father so as to extort money from your family."