Chapter 61

It was 7Am in the morning, and two hours since she had woken up, genuinely happy for the first time in a long time

She couldn't explain it but she felt excited, more excited about her day that was yet to start than she ever was. As a matter of fact, she looked forward to it. The throbbing pain between her thighs was just enough evidence of how beautiful her night was. She slowly turned to her side and folded herself, making her head comfortable on both her arms she had turned to a pillow. She took a deep breath and the sight of him came next.

She liked it.
She liked feeling the way she did. She hadn't felt that way in a long time, so satisfied, so jittery. She felt more at peace than she had ever been as she watched him lay beside her. She had almost forgotten how she missed that. She missed the peace that always came with it, she missed the look of peace on his face. It was the most comfortable she had ever seen him in months. God he was so handsome. Even with his eyes closed, she couldn't help but admire how every feature on his face was beautiful.

She placed both hands on her cheeks when she started to feel them heating up and tingling. She was so embarrassed by her intrusive thoughts. Just a few days ago, she had reasons not to accept her feelings for him, reasons that made a lot of sense to her as at that moment. Lying down beside him like that, especially after what they had both been through, it was almost like she got hit with the reality that she had refused to admit; it was impossible to ever let him go. It was impossible to keep denying her feelings for him, for suppressing them. She knew that she was never going to stop loving him, she wasn't strong enough to run from her feelings for him, or hate him for what his family did to her. It wasn't their fault, whatever it was that happened to their parents and between them in the past, it wasn't their fault.

She suddenly started to feel restless when she started to feel a bile rising up her throat all of a sudden. It was her nausea starting to kick in again.

Olivia placed a hand over her mouth so didn't throw up on the white sheets as she scurried from the bed as fast as she could, still trying to be silent enough so as not to wake him. Her legs still trembled under his shirt but she managed to hurry as fast as they could take her across the bed and towards the bathroom. She wasn't as quiet as she thought she was. Rafael opened his eyes slowly, for the first time since the past three hours since he had been awake.

Olivia dropped her hand and held on tightly to the sink as she let it all out. It was exhausting, she was getting really sick and tired of her morning sickness. Just when she thought she was over it, it just took her to experience one amazing night and it was back again.

She tightened her grip on the sink the moment she felt another bile rise on her throat and bent over to let it out. She could feel him amidst it all, standing right behind her before making his way beside her. She felt him reach for her hair and gently pulled it to the back and held it there so it didn't disturb her from doing her business.