Chapter 56

Mornings had to be her favorite time of the day and it was even better each time she had to make it to the suburban areas in Abuja, especially when she got a special free ride from Rafael's driver each time she wanted to

Mornings had to be her favorite time of the day and it was even better each time she had to make it to the suburban areas in Abuja, especially when she got a special free ride from Rafael's driver each time she wanted to. She loved the smell of riches right from the estate's gate, she loved the contrast it made with her home, her area of residence.

She loved how clean the streets were, how big the houses were, how... luxurious. She enjoyed the view of the "big men" cars that she always caught sight of every time she came to the estate but her favorite part was always when she made her neighbors poke their heads out of their windows each time Rafael's Range Rover Velar, P530 SV LWB, or his other luxurious cars, or better still, Olivia's were parked right outside her house, waiting for her to get in.

That day was different anyway. The journey to the mansion was quite a highly protocoled one. Amy couldn't help but notice the security that were camped right outside the house, in the huge compound. She could count about six really big-built men alone that surrounded the front of the house, protecting it and three more when she got in.

Olivia had explained to her how sensitive Rafael had become with issues regarding their security. He had all the people important to him in one house and he was going to make sure that he did all he could to protect them.

The past three days had been one of the most difficult days they had been through, it was one of the scariest too. Even though Rafael was able to catch the rat in the office that was his father's spy, he wasn't sure he had gotten rid of them all. There was a serious security sweep at the office. Rafael was making sure he severed every link his father could possibly have to him and he was going to do all he could to protect his family too. Amy understood that.

"When you told me there had been some changes made to the security system here, I didn't think it was this bad."

"Oh Amy, thank Goodness."

She turned her head to the counter the moment she walked into the kitchen, noticing Olivia at one end of the food-filled table top, she furrowed her brows at all the gifts and food in the kitchen, there were a lot of them, too many for an orphanage or in this case, three orphanages.

"Oh wow." Amy said taking all of it in. "Are you sure this isn't a lot for just three orphanages?"

Olivia exhaled and shook her head. She raised a hand to her waist and left it there, taking a good look around the packed kitchen to confirm what Amy had said.

"I don't think anything is ever enough for one orphanage, talk more of three. I think it's just right." She said and turned back to Amy.
"Do you think I should have added a few more shoes for the kids?" She frowned. "I feel like there aren't enough shoes compared to the gifts we sent last year."

"More shoes?"

Olivia gasped and then snapped her finger.

"Cake, what about a cake? Three cakes per orphanage?"