Chapter 9

Static

Static.

He could barely see a thing especially with the way he felt the thugs pull him at each side. He had his face filled with blood and could  feel how heavy his eyes were from the swelling. To say he was exhausted was a given as they didn't even give him time to recuperate after all that panel-beating, before they pulled him into the car and drove him all the way to where he was now.

Where was he?

Even with all the thoughts that went through his mind, thought that that day might probably be his last, he couldn't help but wonder where they were taking him. Who was behind it? What did he do wrong? Not like he had the time to speak or ask questions when they had barged into the office and started to hit and beat him while everyone just watched.

The paintings on the wall of the large house was far from familiar. He could feel a sharp pain on both sides as they approached what seemed to be like an office in one of the rooms at the corner of the large hallway.

There were books everywhere that had formed a small library, and in front of the window, he could see a table and a chair turned turned to it, right in front of him. He could see the smoke that found it's way to the window from the cigar whoever that was was smoking.

Who was he? Was he the one behind his abduction? What was he going to do with him?

He had so many questions, questions he was too weak to ask. He had been beaten so much that he thought he had to reserve whatever energy he had left for the inevitable. His eyes were too swollen and were hurting so much to keep it one place. He bowed his head as more blood helplessly poured from his mouth, with his breathing becoming even slower. He heard the scuffle the chair made as the man stood up slowly and the footsteps that followed right after, as he approached him. He came to a stop and stood right in front of him. His expensive shoes, that was the first thing Randy noticed.

He only knew few people who could afford to buy leather shoes shipped from the abroad, people that could be interested in him all of a sudden. He felt how the hands that once held on tightly to his arms as they pulled him into the room, started to let go after bringing him to his knees.

There were a lot of thoughts going on in his head, at that moment, he started to doubt everything he believed in as he vehemently refused to raise his head, to face who he already knew could be behind the inhumane treatment he had just received. He could also make a guess why.

"Such guts you have," the hoarse voice started what seemed to be a straightforward conversation. "Stealing from me and showing your face at my property like nothing happened."

And at that moment, he knew. He knew how right his guess was. He could feel his heart pick up it's  rhythm but this time, with speed. He swallowed the blood-mixed saliva in his mouth hard.

"I always wondered what it was you were really after when you became a friend to my daughter. Not many men with your background have had the privilege to be given that title easily but you had a plan didn't you? Right from the start, you marked my daughter, you manipulated your way into her life just so you could get close to my legacy and then what did you do? You took advantage of her vulnerability and deceived her."