Chapter 78

The screeching sounds of cars became even louder as all the bulletproof vehicles and police cars surrounded every single corner of the acres

The screeching sounds of cars became even louder as all the bulletproof vehicles and police cars surrounded every single corner of the acres. It wasn't easy getting past the tight security at the fishery's gate, as a matter of fact, the police had to shoot their way through to get into the compound. It didn't matter what happened anyway, it didn't matter if the criminals were alerted, Matthew knew one thing for sure, he didn't stumble on this case by chance, and was going to make sure that every criminal in that premise had a taste of the full extent of the law.

The police surrounded the buildings one by one, stepping out of the vehicles, fully armed and making their way into the buildings one after the other in search of whatever they could find.

"We should split up," Rafael recommended in a hurry, he wasn't sure he could spend an extra minute standing where he was, he had to find Olivia, and if he was going to do it before Austin probably took the initiative and found a way out, he knew he couldn't possibly cover the area on his own.

Tony nodded in a hurry.

"Rafael is right." He said as he turned to Amy. "You should go that way," he returned his gaze to Rafael, pointing towards his left, "Amy and I would take this way." He pointed towards his right.

Rafael nodded, he understood perfectly.

"Call me if you find anything."

The group separated right after Tony's nod. If Rafael was never grateful for anything, he was grateful for Sommadina's text coming at the time that it did. He didn't even have the time to call her to thank her, the last thing he remembered was alerting the authorities and making his way to the venue even before they could catch up.

The police had surrounded the area, bursting into the buildings one after the other and coming out with men in handcuffs while some of the men tried to fight back, and run away with their freedom.

Amy and Tony hurried to the area at the back that was yet to be covered with some other policemen. There was a small isolated building right there, right where a huge pond was located. Amy looked into the water while the police forced their way into the building in search for more criminals.

Wasn't that supposed to be a fishery? A fish pond? Why weren't there any fishes in it? There also was no fish in the bigger pond at the center of the estate when they got in.

Amy looked around as far as her eyes could cover, the same questions hovering her mind over and over again,

What kind of a place was that?

Why did a fishery have empty ponds? Where were all the fishes? It was probably just a camouflage for Randal's criminal activities. It was no wonder how Olivia was kidnapped and brought there without suspicion.

Amy could hear all the screaming coming from the building as a result of the arrest that was being made. She wasn't sure her contribution there was needed anyway. She looked around again, hoping her eyes could cover more than it did, it took a while but her eyes met a small shed made out of bamboo sticks and hay. She had no description for it but there was something about it that troubled her spirit, especially wondering how an under budgeted building could be protected by a metal door like the one she was looking at. How had it not been searched yet? How did the police miss it?