Chapter 68

Olivia squeezed the water out of the towel back into the bowl and slowly turned so she could place it on Grace once again

It had been a long night for her and an even longer morning. There were lots of things that bothered her, questions. Grace's condition didn't make it any better. It was exactly why she barely got any sleep the night before.

She had spent all night looking after Grace so her fever didn't get worse but to no avail, with ever hour that passed, Grace looked like she was fighting vehemently to be alive. Her condition had worsened since she saw her, her fever too.

Olivia exhaled as she dropped the towel back into the bowl and leaned closer to Grace so she could give her little pats on her head. It was the most she could do, assuring her and acting brave around her. Maybe if she made Grace less frightened, if she encouraged her to focus on getting better rather than the situation, it was going to make everything okay again.

It only took a minute before she got lost in thoughts again.

Nothing made sense to her. A few hours after and she could still not make any sense of the events that had happened to both her and Grace. She still couldn't get over the fact, and the shock of what was happening. She couldn't believe that Austin Silver was right behind that door and what was worse, she and Grace had been kidnapped.

Olivia raised her gaze to the little room to take in every corner, searching for every opportunity to make an escape but just like it was when she surveyed the place seven hours ago, she couldn't find any loopholes. It was like the room was built for that purpose. The window was not only too small for anyone to pass through, it was also so high up from the ground. Almost at reaching the rooftop,

Olivia knew one thing was certain, it wasn't a coincidence that people from her past, people she had rather forgotten, people that she had done all she could to get away from, were suddenly starting to show up again. She didn't need to make a wild guess to guess correctly, she could already see things for what they were, she could read through the lines and see exactly who was behind it. There was only one person with enough power to change the sentence of a murderer, especially one that she had witnessed get sentenced to double of hers.

Olivia turned to the door immediately her heart jumped upon hearing a soft knock on the door. She wasn't the only one who had become alert, Grace was too and she struggled to raise herself from the bed in fright.

"Mum?" She turned to Olivia quickly, her eyes saying more than her pale lips could. Olivia turned to her quickly and forced a smile on her face to assure her that everything was going to be fine. Whoever it was that was going to come through that door was never going to hurt her. She grabbed on to her hands and gave it a gentle squeeze.

"It's fine."
No matter how her fear carved a frown on her face,  Olivia did all she could to act like the situation was under control. She didn't want to give Grace any reason to be more terrified than she already was, especially in her condition.