Chapter 6

"No, no, no

"No, no, no."

Her frustration could not hide itself as she slowly felt her car come to a stop in the middle of the road. Being stranded in the middle of no where, under the heavy rain was not a part of her plan to escape from her father, from the reality he was trying to force her into. The worst part was, she had no plan. After storming out of her father's office, the rest just came to her one step at a time. She had no idea where she was heading to and so, lost sight of the fact that she did not have enough fuel in her car to drive farther than she had gotten. She was going to get some on her way back from the office earlier that day but it skipped her mind after the conversation she had had with her father.

She let out a frustrated groan as the tears that fell from her face smudged her mascara even more. Anyone could easily see its trails down her cheeks. Now, she was stranded under the rain with no where, and no one to turn to. She would have loved to get to Adaugo's house but she didn't even have an idea what turn to take.

Could her day get worse?

She slowly buried her head on her steering as more flashbacks of her conversation with her father filled her head. She couldn't believe it, she couldn't believe her father would betray her trust like that. She couldn't believe that he would think of something as hideous as an arranged marriage with Okezie's family.

She sobbed loudly, looking out of her car through her windshield. Now she was lost, and scared and didn't know what to do. It was like her world was falling apart and she was falling right with it, the rain didn't even make anything better. She knew it wasn't safe being out there on her own, she needed to find help immediately. She knew she had to save herself first, then handle her father the next day.

He was right on time. Randal signaled the taxi driver to stop the moment he noticed her car parked right in front of theirs. He let out a sigh of relief as he got out some money from his pocket hurriedly and handed it to the taxi man without even counting it to know how
much it was.  With the way the taxi man sped off without complaining, he could just tell that he had given him enough.

He wiped all that rain water that bothered his face so he could see clearly and squinted his eyes when he noticed her car door swing open immediately while she came down from it and closed the door behind her.

Sommadina looked around, hoping to find a taxi close by, cleaning her face and worsening the condition of her make up. She had barely been out of her car for ten seconds and her entire clothings were already drenched in the rain and it didn't matter how much she tried to dust it off, it only grew worse.

"Twinette!" She froze when she heard her name. She didn't want to turn, she didn't need to. She increased her pace the moment she finally put two and two together, the moment she found out who it was without even turning. Randy picked up his pace, going after her even as she walked faster.

"Stay away from me Randy!" She yelled back at him as she walked even faster away from him. She was having enough bad days as it was and the last thing she needed was coming face to face with him, with the same man she had felt extremely humiliated by, she had worked so hard to get over him the past few days. He was the same man that had broken her heart without even knowing it.