Chapter 7

Angela returned her gaze to the wooden dining table, she had literally watched the food on it turn cold

Angela returned her gaze to the wooden dining table, she had literally watched the food on it turn cold. She found her gaze shifting to the old wall clock for the hundredth time. It was almost midnight and he wasn't home yet, she couldn't help but worry why. He wasn't that kind of a person, the Chinonso she knew never stayed out this late, she wondered if he was okay. She had gone to the company twice earlier but couldn't find anyone that knew about him or his whereabouts.

She let out an exasperated sigh, lifting herself from the table with all the strength within her. She was getting heavier by the day and it was a lot difficult to do some things on her own.

Knock! Knock!, Knock! Knock!

She froze when she heard the gentle knock on the door. It was him, it had to be. That was his knock rhythm. She let out a sigh of relief immediately as she found her way to the small wooden door. For an old one bedroom apartment, both Angela and Randy had a good idea of space management. Not like they had any serious properties that took a lot of room space to boast of. It was basically just them.

"What took you so long?"

She asked him as she walked away from the door immediately after she opened it. She frowned, pretending to be upset even though she was open to listening to him talk about where he had been the entire evening. She heard the door close behind her and that was her queue to know he was inside.

She exhaled and turned to him, frowning even harder when she realized the state he was in. He wasn't entirely dripping from the rain anymore but it was still so obvious that he had been in it.

"What happened?" She asked him, worriedly. Randal just stood there for a second glaring at her. Flashbacks of what had happened in the car playing in his head over and over again.

Why did he do it? How could he do that to her, to the woman he wanted to spend the rest of his life with, to the only woman he had ever known, to the woman who was with his child? He had regrets, lots of it. How could he have given in to his own lust? How could he have let himself lose control in the moment? How did he suddenly become the man he dreaded, the man that hurt her?

"Chinonso?" Angela took a concerned step towards him. She noticed how he just stared at her, refusing to say a word and it scared her. "Is anything the matter."

He threw his bag on the floor immediately and walked as fast as he could towards her while she just stood there, too confused to understand what was going on. He grabbed her and kissed her deeply, lifting her off the ground and placing her on the dining table.

She didn't stop him, she never did.

He started to undo his trousers and he pulled up her dress from her thighs right after and tried to find his way into her. It was medicine after death and he knew that, but she was the one, she was the one he was mad over heels for, the one he wanted to spend the rest of his life with, the one he loved and no one else. Angela was his wife, she was his soulmate and the thought of being with anyone else besides her disgusted him. The thought of what had happened in the car disgusted him and he needed this to make himself feel better. He stopped and stared at her.