Chapter 50

The house was extremely quiet for a Sunday morning

It had been exactly two hours since she and Grace had returned home from church but nothing had changed since the night before. Everywhere still felt very lonely. Olivia let her gaze wander around the kitchen's entrance like she was waiting for him, like she was hoping he just walked in and at least spoke to her.

Ever since the fight at Sam's birthday, it had been very difficult for her to get a hold of him. He was relatively scarce, more like he was doing his utmost best to avoid her even when she didn't know why.

She had a lot of questions to ask him, a lot of things she needed to know and could have sworn she could see the lights in the room come on early that morning but he never took the door no matter how long she knocked. It was almost like he had pretended to be asleep.

She let out a tired exhale.
She was worried about him and she just wished he at least talked to her about it. She wanted to listen to him and hear him defend himself. The Rafael she knew would never do what he did that night without reason, she wanted to hear those reasons, she needed to.

It was a long walk to his office and even if she took the conversation right there and interrupted his meeting with the other lawyers, it wasn't going to make much of a difference.

She felt so sad for him, it was like a lot was happening to him at once and he didn't even know what to do about them. She wanted to be there for him, to help him and what hurt her was she didn't know how. It was just as Randal has said, there was nothing she could do for him besides of course, preparing gift packs and lots of food for the victim of his outburst .

Olivia exhaled as she returned her gaze to the basket of snacks waiting for her to wrap them in front of her.

"You're going to make your throat sore if you keep sighing like that Olivia."

She raised her head to where Ivory stood across her, wrapping the other gifts. Ivory raised her head to look at her and then smiled right before she returned her gaze to the basket.

"I'm sorry." She said. "I can't help myself, I'm worried about him."

"Aren't we all." Ivory told her. She noticed how quiet Olivia had gotten by her response and could see how she had not in any way made the situation better. She exhaled.
"Well, I think for what is worth, we are doing the best that we can to make the situation better." She said in an attempt to lighten Olivia's mood. "I'm sure whatever it is going on, or whatever it was that happened between them, he would talk when he is ready. It's not the first time Rafael has been in a disagreement with his friends, friends fight all the time, they'd get over it."

She had never seen friends fight the way they did the night before.
It was easy for her to say when she wasn't there.

Olivia wanted to say those words to her badly but she didn't know if she even needed to. She just hoped he was okay, and she hoped Ivory was right, she hoped that sooner or later, Rafael would open up to her and speak to her at least.