Chapter 45

Knock, Knock

Knock, Knock.

Grace waited just for three seconds before she opened the door and pocked her head inside without care for a response. She could see the twin beds from where she stood. She could see how even when there were two beds right there, both boys happened to be in one. With the way they sat facing one another, Grace could only make a guess that they had been having a conversation before she knocked.

She didn't understand why but the silence that filled the room was deafening, especially with the way they stared at her. She didn't ask for their permission, she didn't think she needed one just yet.

The boys watched her as she pulled herself into the room, dragging her feet on the ground like they were heavy from the box she had been carrying. The way Grace struggled to pull the first-aid box beside her as she made her way towards them while they watched her with confused looks on their faces, looks Grace was too busy playing emergency nurse to notice.

Edwin squinted his eyes, it was really hard to get a clear picture of her without his glasses, and it was even harder to think of why she was walking right towards his bed, with her eyes glued on him.

Grace could feel her heart beat slowly get back to normal after she settled the box on the bed and placed a hand over her chest like she was trying to feel her heart, while leaving her gaze on Edwin. They both watched her draw deep ragged breaths.

Edwin and Edward exchanged confused glances with one another right before they turned back to Grace.
The way she suddenly let out a wide smile could tell them that she was okay now.

"W-what are you-"

"I got you some medicine for your arm. Miss Lucy said you might need to see a doctor because you're in a lot of pain." She left her eyes on Edwin who just sat right there, staring at her confusedly in his matching pajamas with Edward.

What on earth was she talking about? 
It looked like he knew, with the way he raised his index finger and pointed it at her for a second, right before he pushed it to Edward.

Grace blinked. She didn't understand at first. She followed the direction of his finger until it got to where Edward was sitting. She gasped silently the moment she had realized that she got them wrong, not like any of them could blame her, the boys were so identical to one another that it was really difficult to tell them apart without Edwin's glasses.

Edwin slowly reached for his pair of glasses on the bedside map and put it on to help her resolve her confusion right before he turned back to her.

Edward scoffed.

"Did you come all the way here for that?" Edward asked her. Grace slowly turned to him and nodded.

"Hey!" Edward's yell made her jump a little in fright as she hurriedly turned to look at him. "Worry about your own self. You're the one that got whipped a million times." He said and then pouted.
"You're so little, how did you manage to carry this huge box by yourself anyway?"