Chapter 29

It was a long drive back home and Amy could see how tensed the atmosphere was right from the moment they got into the uber, till the time they got out of it and walked to the front door

Anyone that had been through half of the embarrassment Olivia had just been through would have frowned and stormed towards the door like she did. She had barely said a word to anyone all through the journey and only God knew what it was she was thinking about all that time.

She was ashamed, scared and upset by what had happened and silence was the only way she knew to hold it in. The door opened and Grace walked into the house first, with her gaze buried into the ground. She didn't understand what the principal meant when she said that she had been suspended but she understood the part where she had told them that she couldn't come to school anymore without her mental health report from the doctor.

She stood still, wringing her hands around each other as she watched Olivia walk briskly toward the dining table and drop her bag on it with a loud thud that made her jump in fright. Amy let out a breath she didn't know she was holding.

She was frustrated, and sick of how awful her day had gone. Why wouldn't she?

Olivia placed both hands on her hips and managed to hold her breath. She didn't want to think about it but she couldn't help herself from doing so. She had watched her day fall apart and she could barely make any sense of any of the things that had just happened to her.  She was doing so good at holding back all the tears in her eyes that threatened to fall, she didn't know how she had all that strength to but she did.

"Mummy?" Grace took a step forward, she had to be brave, she needed to. She could tell that Olivia was petrified just from looking at her back view. "Mummy, are you mad at me?"

Olivia let out another breath and slowly turned to Grace. Her breathing wasn't the only thing she was apparently good at holding, it looked like it took even more efforts to bite back her tongue. She was holding back so she didn't say anything that might hurt Grace, but it was too much even for someone as patient as her to handle.

"No Grace, I'm not angry." She told her. "I am disappointed, extremely."

Grace pouted upon hearing the words she said. With the way her lips rounded with the lower one enveloping the top, it was obvious she was going to burst into tears in any second.

"Since when did you become like this huh?!" Olivia was starting to raise her voice without even knowing. "Since when did you go around hurting other people? Is that how I raised you? Is that what I thought you? To hurt your friends?"

"Olivia?" Amy called her name in a whisper, Olivia turned to her.

"No you stay out of this Amy." She stretched her hand in front of Amy to reprimand her. Amy exhaled as she watched how Olivia turned back to Grace.

"I was only trying to defend you." Grace sobbed. "I really didn't mean to hurt her mummy, she was saying bad and hurtful things to me, evil things-"

"So what?" Olivia glared at her, her eyes were becoming so glossy from all those tears she tried to push back.