Chapter 11

The morning sickness was even worse than before but she somehow found a way to pull herself from bed and hurry down the stairs

The morning sickness was even worse than before but she somehow found a way to pull herself from bed and hurry down the stairs. She could not bare to miss it, to miss him. She still had faith in the possibility of changing her father's mind even though he clearly didn't want to have anything to do with her. She needed to talk to him, to convince him on why his intentions to force her on Randal through marriage was not what she wanted. He didn't love her, he could never love her, and she knew better than to want a life with someone who was never going to be hers. She knew who he loved, she knew if her father kept pushing it, she might not even get the opportunity to see him again, he was never going to see her the same, and she didn't want that.

It wasn't that easy.

She couldn't help but feel how disappointed her father was in her. It was like a huge wall had be put beside them ever since the doctor had broken the news to him about her pregnancy. He was almost always unavailable and never granted any of her visits to the office, As a matter of fact, he had placed her under house arrest and instructed that she was not to be let out of the house until after the wedding.

Just as she had heard, there were already serious plans in the house for the wedding. It was just a few hours until her introduction and it looked like her father had already made all the necessary arrangements needed to fool the kinsmen to believe that Randy had the financial backing he needed to ask for her hand in marriage. At the rate, it wasn't going to be difficult to get their consent, not like they had a say in anything. Her father basically controlled them like dummies.

She found her way to the dining room, noticing how busy it was with the way the maids rushed in and out of it. She stopped at the door and swallowed hard.

He had to be in there, it was his breakfast time, that could explain why the house was so busy. She heard footsteps approach her and could see how a maid made her way to the door with a plate in one hand and what looked like medicines in it.

"Is that for my father?" She asked her and the maid nodded gently. "Let me." She encouraged her to let her have it and didn't even wait for a response before she grabbed the plate from her hand and started to find her way into the room. That was the only opportunity she was going to get to speak to him and she had to make use of it.

She could see how the room was guarded by men while he just sat in his king chair, reading his daily newspaper as usual. She tried to remain as calm as possible as she approached him.

"Nnam, it's time for your medicine." She told him, watching how he totally ignored her by flipping to another page in his paper.

"I don't want to see you." He told her. "Drop it on the table and leave."

She let out a weak exhale and paused for a moment before she slowly dropped the plate in front of him. She wasn't going to let whatever it was he had said get to her. She knew him more than anyone else, out of all the women in this world, she knew just how she was the most important to him, how much she meant to him. He loved her and whatever it was he said was just out of anger.