Chapter 72

"What are you doing?"

Olivia made sure to spread her arms even wider to cover Grace as she glared at the man in front of her. Her gaze was stern and her eyes were swollen from not getting any sleep the day before and the day before that.

It was barely eight AM in the morning but she had been at alert the moment she heard the lock to the door click. Olivia made sure to get up on her feet when she noticed the man she had seen before, the same one that took the doctor away l earlier, walk into the room with a glare on his face.

Her instinct for some reason, told her that whatever it is he wanted wasn't good especially after she noticed how Austin had walked in behind him and was leaning on the door. She knew she had to protect all she had, Grace, especially since she was the first thing he had his eyes on the moment he walked in. Protecting Grace was all she could think of and she was going to stand in his way and stretch her hands as far as she could if it could stop him from doing what she was thinking he was about to do.

"Stay back." She warned him. "If you touch my daughter, I won't let it go." Even when her voice was trembling, Olivia managed to summon up the most intimidating look that she could find. She noticed how the man had stopped and turned his cold gaze to her. He was hesitating now.

"What are you waiting for?" She could hear Austin say from the door. "Get the child." He ordered the man and at that moment, he took a closer step to the bed but Olivia met him before he did. She pushed herself closer to him and even closer to the bed. Like there was any chance in hell she was going to let them take Grace away on her watch.

"Don't!" She yelled at the man and he stopped immediately. He looked into her eyes and could see how fearless she was. She didn't move from where she stood either and it didn't matter how much her hands were hurting, she kept stretching them as far as she could. Tell your boss that the moment you take one more step towards my child, the moment you lay your hands on her, I would kill my self. I would bite my tongue right here, right now and die."

Even though she wasn't looking at Austin, her glare at the man told everyone in the room just what they needed to know. It didn't look like she was bluffing and she could see how her words had suddenly terrified the man in front of her. He wasn't the only one terrified, Grace was too but is she wasn't already between life and death, she would have screamed in fright. She was crying however, so weakly.

She watched him turn slowly to Austin like he was wondering what to do now that she had threatened him with her life. Austin just stood where he was with his arms folded, observing the drama before him with the frown on his face getting worse. He turned to the bed so he could see Grace on it. She was barely moving, and barely had her eyes open.

He exhaled weakly and stood straight for about three seconds before he started to make his way towards them, keeping his gaze on Olivia. She wasn't going to be intimidated by his cold stare, she had prepared herself mentally for the worst and was sure that the only way she was going to let any of them get to Grace was only if they got to her first. She was trying her luck this time, and was placing all her cards and hopes on Austin's feelings for her. She knew he was never going to hurt her or at least, she wanted to believe that.