Chapter 55

Prison

Prison.

The cold smell of rusting metal, the loud cheers of convicts and criminals from their cells, the clanking sounds of metal as many of them rushed to their doors while she passed and hit them over and over again to gain her attention, kissing their teeth's and hissing at her. Victoria could have sworn that she'd do everything that she could to see the sunrise again, to be back in her mansion, to be waited by maids and chefs and shop her favorite designer brands at her favorite store.

Oh what would she not give for her freedom.
She hated it. She was never going to get used to it and that uniform, it was horrendous, the most terrible outfit she had ever worn. Barely two years and she looked like she had served thirteen years already. She had lost a good portion of her edges and every now and then, she had a new scar on her skin from being punished and beaten to a pulp by the other convicts each time she tried to boss over them in prison or run her mouth like she used to. Her promises to make them rich when she got out in other to win them over barely worked for a quarter of them. Everyone knew the story of the Silvers, everyone knew they fell out.

One time, one of them had asked her to do her portion of labor and Victoria had played the "do you know who I am" and the "I am old enough to be your mother" card on her." It didn't take a minute before she was beaten to a state of 'my God'.

Prison life.

No one ever said it was going to be the best, no one said it was ever going to be convenient. She had gone from having everyone high and mighty being the guests to her parties, to no one writing her as much as a letter in prison and so, she didn't know how to act when the warden had suddenly told her that she had had a visitor for the first time in over a year.

Victoria had made the extra effort to look good, not like she could look better in the green jumpsuit. She looked like everyone else that was in prison, and she was sure treated like them too.

"Get in."

She exchanged cold glances with the warden that had escorted her into the room and pushed her in so roughly without giving her the opportunity to go in herself. She saw how the lady glared right back at her, like she was daring her to do something about it.

"I would suggest perhaps taking a breather? Living to fight another day?"

Victoria turned to the direction the voice was coming from in a hurry and let her eyes open wide when she saw who her infamous visitor was. She swallowed hard the moment she saw how he walked towards her amidst the bright lights that illuminated the room.

He was dressed in all white just as she remembered him, and his famous walking stick came before him as he walked just as it always did. His hat looked so large but it never stopped him from getting seen too.

Victoria held her breath as she watched him raise his head to the warden behind her.

"Please, enough with the cold treatment. Victoria might have lost all her glory but we can't forget how well she contributed to our great country. She shouldn't be treated like a prisoner, take away the handcuffs." He ordered her.