Chapter 71

The beep sound didn't excite him this time around

The beep sound didn't excite him this time around. There was nothing to be excited about let alone come back too. Rafael made Kingsley struggle so hard to keep up with him with the way he rushed into the hallway as fast as he could, holding his breath and walking past Tony who had attempted to engage him in a possible conversation about his visit to the prison. Tony turned in worry as he watched how Rafael had suddenly picked up and even faster pace. He was headed towards the kitchen, the first door he could find and before Tony could register what was going on,
he could hear Rafael retch loudly from the kitchen sink. It was not to want to vomit after the day he just had, he couldn't take it anymore, he couldn't hold it in anymore. He was sick to his stomach. It was so difficult for him to keep the bile down.

Tony quickly turned to Kingsley, hoping he had an explanation for what happened but he was met with a weak exhale. He shook his head slowly. It told him just what he needed to know, the visit didn't go well. Tony exhaled himself. He expected it too. He wasn't a stranger to the bad blood and bad history the Silvers had with Olivia and Rafael, he knew it was going to take a miracle to get Victoria to even consider helping them. Rafael stopped retching and the tap came on immediately. Tony slowly turned to the kitchen to watch him walk out of it slowly, cleaning his mouth with his handkerchief. He looked just as sick as the situation but he managed to keep a sturdy look on.
Rafael started giving his hands a wipe as well just as Tony and Kingsley found their way towards him.

"No luck?" Tony asked him even though he already knew the answer. Rafael should his head

"We did all we could." Kingsley added. "It didn't look like she's going to bulge about Austin's whereabouts."

Tony was about to speak again when no they heard the front door beep again. They all turned to the rest of the hallway just as Lucy unlocked the door , letting Amy through. Amy walked into the house and she did it as fast as she could, forgetting to even take off her shoes by the door.

Ever since she got a call from Tony explaining the update of the situation regarding Grace and Olivia's kidnap, it was all Amy could think of. She had left all her business at the club unattended to and made her way to Rafael's house without bothering to tie up loose ends or change out of her "work" dress.

It was a wonder how she was still able to work or think straight since what happened, but work was a distraction and the only thing keeping her sane since she couldn't sleep at night anyway.  She walked into the hallway and let her gaze settle on Tony first as he approached her with a look of distress on his face.

"Amy, hey." He said encouraging her to stop walking and keep her eyes on him.  She looked into his eyes like she was trying to read them for more information than he had given her over the phone. He could see the worry in them and how worse her eye bags had gotten even under her thick make up. She turned to Rafael and rushed to him quickly .

"Is it true?" She asked him. "Austin, is he back?" Her eyes looked into his like they were begging for an answer. "Is he really behind this?"

Rafael raised his eyes to Tony for a second, stuttering silently like he didn't know what to say before he lowered then to Amy.