Chapter 27

"How are you feeling?" Amy leaned closer to Olivia as she lowered her half filled glass of water down her mouth, dropping it on the table

"How are you feeling?" Amy leaned closer to Olivia as she lowered her half filled glass of water down her mouth, dropping it on the table. Olivia nodded and left her gaze to wander around the restaurant. The music that played was soothing, even though she could catch people leave their gazes on her every now and then, and whisper somethings to themselves. Some even went as far as taking photos but she didn't mind. She was more worried about the things Randal had said to her, she was more worried that he knew, he knew he was pregnant.

She and Rafael had been extremely careful so as not to let anyone know about it. It was scary how Randal was an exception. But it was to be expected, Randal Okonkwo was the famous godfather, the man whose name made everyone tremble in their own skin. He had his eyes and ears everywhere and the only reason why she was still alive and well was because he was going easy on her.

"That was really scary." Amy went on as Olivia let her gaze find Rafael from the huge glass window beside them.  He stood outside the building just like he had been the last five minutes taking the call he had received moments after they had arrived at the restaurant.

Olivia's thinking process got cut short when she noticed her phone ring. She hesitated for a second before she slowly reached for her bag and picked it up.

"Hello?" She said in the most reluctant tone ever. "Mr Timothy," she sat up quickly with worry suddenly taking over her tone. "I-is everything okay?- w-what?"

Amy turned to her immediately, noticing how alert she had gotten immediately. Olivia tucked her hair behind her ear as she let the man at the other end of the call speak to her, passing her tongue around her lower lip and sighing in frustration.

"Really?" She placed a hand on her forehead and rubbed it gently before she exhaled weakly. "I understand, I'd be right there." She hung up quickly.

"What's wrong?" Amy was worried about the call Olivia had just received.

"It was a call from Grace's school. Grace got into a fight with one of her friends."

"Huh?" The surprise in Amy's tone explained how Olivia felt the moment she heard the news too. "That's impossible, how did that happen?"

Olivia had no idea herself but she was worried about it. Her day couldn't get any worse. She was back to battling with her anxiety again. It didn't make any sense how Grace suddenly got into a fight in school, she wasn't the type to start fights. She tried to get up when she heard the bell ring as the door open. They both turned to it as Rafael walked into the room as fast as he could, his eyes glued on them.

"Hey." He greeted when he got closer to them, failing to notice the tension in their midst. Olivia faked a smile. She wasn't going to give him something else to worry about.

"I think we might have good luck on our side today." He told them as they focused their attention on him. "I just got a call from the team in Lagos. They found a witness,"