Chapter 28

"That's him

"That's him. Olisa Okwegwu, sixty three years old, graduate from the university of Nsukka, worked as a dispatch and truck rider for Randoil for six years before he resigned in two thousand and three,"

Rafael stood right in front of the huge transparent glass, giving a detailed view of the huge white room behind it. He could see the little man that sat on one of the many chairs, rubbing his old and wrinkled hands against each other as he managed to settle them on the round table.

With the way he kept shaking his legs, Rafael could tell he was nervous being there, possibly cold too. Who wouldn't be with all three air conditioning in the room at their lowest Fahrenheit. He could see how the man was struggling to swallow his saliva and how he couldn't stop looking around the room countless times.

His gaze often settled on the glass but he looked away after being unable to see anything through it. They were standing right there, watching him and he didn't even know.

"How did you find him?" Rafael asked all three of the lawyers in black suits beside him.

"He found us." One of the men at his right hand said. "He currently works as a bus driver in Jibowu and came across one of our posters. He found his way here as soon as he could."

"He claims to have useful information on Randoil." The woman beside him said, leaving her gaze on Rafael. "And he won't speak to anyone but you."

"Do you think we can trust him?" The last man asked. "For all we know, Randoil could be behind this, or he could even be doing this intentionally to get something from us, money maybe."

Rafael exhaled.
At that point, he wasn't too sure about anything, but he was desperate for answers, for help. It was a risk but he knew he didn't have anything to lose. He wasn't going to turn a blind eye to a probable help.

"Well, there's only way to find out," Rafael turned to the lady beside him. "Please turn on the heater and get our guest something warm to drink."

"Very well sir."  She bowed slightly while Rafael turned and started to walk towards the door leading into the room with the rest of the men.

The man shifted at alert the moment he noticed the door opening, he swallowed even harder when he saw how Rafael walked into the room. He had to be the most elegant man he had ever seen. It was no surprise anyway,  Rafael always left a powerful first impression. He never ever failed to look good in a suit.

He held his breath as he watched Rafael take the seat across him while the other men made themselves comfortable beside him. Rafael got out a recorder and slowly placed it on the table right before he drew a deep breath and raised his head to look at the feeble looking man. Rafael let out a warm smile.

"Good Day Mr Olisa." Rafael started. "I hope you didn't have a hard time getting to our firm?"

The man leaned closer to Rafael, close enough so he could look into his eyes, more like he was trying to examine them.