Chapter 41

Edwin ran as fast as his legs could take him

Edwin ran as fast as his legs could take him. He had been on an endless run around the house and had searched room by room for Olivia until he had given up. The Garden had to be his last choice and he prayed that he could find her there at least. He was running out of breath but he didn't stop. He knew how important it was for him to reach her.

He stopped the moment he got to the garden and took deep breaths as he scanned the area. He let out a sigh of relief the moment he found Olivia on one of the benches, her hands folded on her crossed legs as she took in the view in front of her.

It had been a long time since she was in the garden and being back at the mansion, she suddenly remembered how it used to be her favorite place in the world. She always loved to be by the flowers, watching them and taking in their scents and getting lost in her thoughts like she was at that moment. It always excited her each time she watched their stems sway from side to side.

She had had a terrible week and she needed all the solace the garden and the flowers could give her. Remembering all Rafael had told her before he left to work, remembering how Randal had leaked their address and the thought of how he kept watching her, sent shivers down her spine, shivers that only the scent of  the fresh flowers could distract her from.

Olivia let out a breath she didn't know she was holding and let a warm smile spread on her face as the sun light warmed her cheeks.

"Olivia!"

Her solace got cut short by the loud yell of her name, but that wasn't what distracted her, it was the tone of it. She waited for a second like she was trying to figure it out, like she was trying to guess what was wrong before she turned in fright as fast as possible the moment she realized who it might have been. A frown covered her already weak smile the moment her eyes met Edwin in the state that he was in.

He looked terrified, exhausted and confused too. She was going to call him Edward, but remembered how it was Edwin that always wore round glasses on his nose bridge, that was how she could identify each of them. Without Edwin's glasses, it was really easy to think he was Edward and vice-versa. They were extremely identical.

Edwin was panting for a lot of breath and he looked like he needed some time to be able to speak again.

"Edwin?"

Olivia slowly got up from the bench slowly and walked towards him to see if he was okay. She bent over and placed a hand on his back as she watched him struggle to catch his breath.

"Are you okay?"

Edwin raised himself up a bit to look at her. He pointed towards the house, still struggling for air.

"Y-you have to go to the kitchen." He stammered, trying to make his words really clear even though he was literally sounding like he was fighting for his life. Olivia frowned even harder. She didn't understand what he meant and why he was asking her to head to the kitchen.