Chapter 52

"Stay with me

"Stay with me. Nanny? Nanny, please stay with me." Ivory had lost count of how many times she had actually said those words, running with the stretcher that had an unconscious Benita on it to the direction of the emergency ward.

"Please!" She yelled like Benita would hear her and jump right up. If tears could form a river, Ivory's would have made a sea. She didn't let her go, she couldn't and she wasn't alone, Olivia, Sommadina and Rafael were following the stretcher right behind them.

The incident at the house had put them all in a lot of shock, Rafael most certainly since he was the one that found her almost lifeless body on the ground first. His hands still trembled just as they did when he had gone on his knees to try to reach her, to try to stop the bleeding.

He had met the front door wide open when he rushed home and at that moment, it felt like he could guess that something was wrong. Rafael still have flashbacks in his memory of how he had ran in on Benita in a pool of her own blood with no one else in sight.

Static.

That's was all he could hear, static and the echoes of Ivory's pleas to Benita who could barely hear them.

"I'm sorry but you can't come inside the emergency room." His vision was blurry from being in so much shock but he could see how Olivia tried to reach for Ivory to stop her and to also comfort her. Just like they all were, Olivia was shocked extremely by the news and it was getting harder by the second to hold back the tears that blurred her vision and threatened to fall.

Rafael could feel his heart race just as he raised his blood stained hands to his pale and awe stricken face and unknowingly rubbed it. He could still smell the blood on him even more now, and it made him realize. He swallowed hard as he lowered his hands to eye level and swallowed again when he had seen the amount of blood in them. He couldn't believe it, he couldn't believe anything anymore.

He was shaken, he was broken, he was afraid, he didn't know what to do. Seeing Benita's body like that on the floor had put him through a lot of shock that it was almost impossible to listen to what anyone else said. He could feel how his temples hurt from even thinking about it his heart too.

Olivia turned to him, she needed to know if he was okay. Unlike them all, Rafael had not said a word since he met the incident. She could read him like a book, she could only imagine what he had going through his head. She watched how he didn't stop looking at his hands, looking at her blood on them.

"This is honestly scary." Sommadina said just as she walked away from the emergency room's door slowly, leaving her eyes on no one in particular. "I wonder who would want to hurt Benita this way." She rubbed her arms slowly and exhaled.

"I wonder how the estate security let this happen, what were they doing when a thief barged into the house and tried to kill someone?" She scoffed. "This country is getting hard to live and breathe in by the day. The level of Insecurity is over the roof."