Chapter 40

"Thank you officer

"Thank you officer."

Tony managed to let a weak smile overshadow the stress line son his forehead as he took the purse and plastic bag that was handed to him by the police man. He held on to them tightly, letting out a breath he didn't know he was holding.

It had been a while since he ever had a reason to visit the police station and he sure wasn't expecting to leave the office, ten minutes before stand up after receiving that emergency call from there. He let himself whirl till he was facing the door leading to the jail room. He could see how pityful Amy was, even while she tried to put on a strong front in front of the police woman that took off her handcuffs.

Amy massaged her wrists one after the other the moment they were set lose and he could see the steel marks they made around them especially since they had been worn around them since the night before.

"Stay away from trouble." He heard the older woman tell Amy in the coldest tone ever as he walked towards them.

"I never looked for one. If you police people had just done your jobs correctly and properly investigated the situation-"

"Don't worry officer," Tony had to cut in immediately, pulling Amy right behind him as soon as he did. The last thing any of them wanted was for her to say anything that could deter her release. "It won't happen again,"

Amy rolled her eyes just as the lady let out a breath and walked away. Tony needed a minute, a minute to process the things he never got the chance to before he stormed out of the office. He raised a hand to his nose bridge and rubbed both sides with his fingers gently before he slowly turned to Amy.

He had so many questions, a lot of them and he didn't even know where to start.

Theft.

That was what the police said. They had arrested her and about five other girls from the club for allegedly stealing a client's gold wristwatch. The thought that she had to spend a whole night into the morning in a cell without them even giving her the chance to change out of her really tiny dress gave him a headache especially since she kept rubbing her arms together and shivering from the cold.

Tony pulled off his jacket slowly and placed it over her shoulders.

"Thank you." Amy told him as she pushed her arms into them to wear the jacket on fully. She shook her head.

"I know you must have been busy, and you'd have been in a lot of shock when you got my call, I just couldn't think of anyone else. I didn't want to make Olivia worried either. Oh, and thank you for bailing me out too. I promise, I'd pay back every cent as soon as I get paid, even if it takes the rest of the year's salaries worth."

Tony squinted his eyes, leaning closer to her.

"Amy, what on earth really happened?"

Amy exhaled and scratched her thigh gently in reaction to the tingling and stinging feeling she had there.