chapter three

❝ to be honest, i spaced out halfway through what you were saying

halfway through what you were saying. ❞

CARINA WALKED BESIDE R2-D2 as they made their way down the main street of Mos Espa.

The brunette watched people track their movement.

Qui-Gon glanced down at Padme before speaking, "Moisture farms for the most part. Some indigenous tribes and scavengers. The few spaceports like this one are havens for those who do not wish to be found."

The handmaiden gazed at their surroundings, "Like us."

Qui-Gon caught sight of a hut, "We'll try one of the smaller dealers."

The group heads into the little junk shop that has plenty of broken spaceships stacked up.

Carina stepped inside to see Watto, a pudgy blue alien who flies on short little wings like a hummingbird.

"Guta naloya." the creature spoke before flying over to them, "Ha chuba da nala?"

Qui-Gon clasped his hands together, "I need parts for a J-type 327 Nubian."

"Ah yes, ah yes. Nubian. We have lots of that." Watto told the Jedi Knight before yelling out, "Peedenk! Naba dee unko."

"My droid here has a readout of what I need."

Carina watched a blonde boy ran down the steps, walking towards them.

"Coona tee-tocky malia?" Watto harshly questioned the young child.

Anakin rolled his eyes before responding, "Mel tassa cho-passa—" but before he could even finish his sentence, Watto cut him off, "Watch the store, I've got some selling to do." the creature turned back towards Qui-Gon while leading him to the back, "So, let me take - a thee out back. Ni you'll find what you need."

Jar Jar picked up a gizmo and Carina was quick to snatch it out of his grasp, "Don't touch anything."

Anakin slid onto the counter and watched the young padawan closely, "You're really pretty."

Carina turned to meet Anakin's gaze before looking back, "Are you saying that to me?"

The blonde boy nodded, "You look like those angels I hear pilots talk about."

Carina suppressed a small smile, "Pilots?"

Padme looked over at some ship parts whilst Jar Jar ventured off to the droid section.