chapter thirty-five

❝ do not speak to me about what is bestfor my son

for my son. ❞

VADER STARED AHEAD into the vast space, no emotion found in his eyes that were hidden behind his mask. The male softly exhaled, the thought that his wife was actually alive nerving him.

Ten years, for ten years he mourned the love of his life. Allowed dreams to consume him as it was all he had left of her, he was afraid. Afraid that he might just be dreaming, living out another nightmare just to wake up before her grave.

Even if his wife was alive, the two hadn't exactly been on the best of terms the last they interacted. It was part of the reason he held much guilt, he knew Sidious would scold him for containing such emotions but he didn't care.

When it came to Carina nothing else mattered.

"My Lord."

The voice broke Vader out of his trance, irritation taking over his expression as he turned to face the captain that continued, "The Third Sister is here."

Darth Vader watched Reva enter the main bridge, "It is my great honor to be invited aboard, Lord Vader."

The Sith Lord raised his head slightly, "I am not interested in civilities. Where is he?"

"The tracker worked. He's arriving on Jabiim as we speak." Reva swallowed thickly, "Algora will no doubt be with him."

Vader narrowed his eyes at her, "You have done well. Kneel."

Reva blinked before hesitantly getting down on her knee as she bowed her head slightly. The male nodded at the captain that moved to clip Reva's new ranking on, "Grand Inquisitor."

The Third Sister let out a soft sigh as Vader spoke, his voice holding authority, "How is it that you had not caught sight of Algora all this time that you've been hunting Kenobi?"

Nerves racked through Reva as she searched for a believable lie, "Kenobi had been hiding her, keeping her from sight as he knew what would happen if we knew she was alive."

Vader crossed his arms over his chest, pursing his lips as he decided to believe the lie, "Mapuzo, the Sixth Brother disappeared from sight and returned with a saber wound on his leg, but Kenobi was with me. Do you know anything of that?"

Reve kept her head down, her eyes hidden as she controlled her breathing, "No, my Lord. I had gone to search for the princess."

Darth Vader took a step towards the woman, gazing down at her, "If I discover that you are lying to me, I will have you begging me to kill you."

Reva gave the Sith Lord a nod, "Yes, my Lord."

"Rise."

The Third Sister stood up to her full height once again as Vader intently watched her, "Algora is to be brought to me alive and unharmed. If I find out she has been injured, I will return the pain onto you and it will be much worse. Do we have an understanding?"