chapter forty-nine

❝ you don't get to pin this on me

❝ you don't get to pin this on me. ❞

CARINA CLENCHED her fists tightly, struggling to contain her emotions while she paced the rather large cell she was in.

The mother took a sharp breath, her entire body trembling in fear for her twins. There was nothing she could do. Any move that she thought of in her head ended with someone getting hurt.

Carina let out a frustrated groan, raking her hands through her chestnut locks as she felt her sons presence grow closer and closer, and she hated it.

She should've trusted her mind, she should've listened and gotten them away from before it was too late. Yet she always seemed to make the same mistakes, no matter how many times she went through it.

Carina felt herself grow more and more worried for the group of friends that had been taken to a different cell. One of them was going to have to fall, she knew that.

The door clicked open and the mother tensed up instinctively as heavy breathing purged the room. A muscle tensed in Carina's jaw as Vader spoke, "Skywalker will arrive soon."

Algora's patience was running out, like a stretched thread that was about to snap. Carina raised her head slightly, but she made no move to respond to the Sith Lord.

Darth's expression faltered behind his mask, he could feel strong emotions coming from his wife, none very pleasant ones.

"There is no need to be hostile."

Carina couldn't believe her ears, an incredulous scoff slipped past her lips as she slowly turned to face the male, "How moronic do you have to be to even think about saying that to me? No need to be hostile? Has your last brain cell finally taken its leave?"

Vader blinked, watching his wife's every move as her eyes shone with fury, "The last twenty years of my life have been absolute utter hell because of you. You who took everything from me, from the people I loved to my own freedom. You have the nerve to stand there and tell me there is no need to be hostile?"

The Sith stilled, breathing heavily as her words sunk in, as if leaving a mark from how they stung. Darth clenched a fist, exhaling loudly, "I will return once I have Luke."

Carina allowed panic to rack through her as the male before her walked out. The mother went to the cell door that was locked, her fist slamming upon it as her pent up anger was beginning to get the best of her.

Algora rubbed her eyes a bit too harshly, a knot forming in her throat as her mind flew through countless scenarios about how this would end. None particularly pleasant.

Carina felt rage bubbling up inside of her, her hands beginning to tremble with the need to take it out on something. The brunette turned her head slightly, a sudden presence plaguing her mind.