chapter seven

❝ obi-wan, let's not forget who's been beatingyou since the age of twelve

you since the age of twelve. ❞

CARINA NARROWED HER eyes as Master Windu explained the situation to her, "Senator Amidala needs protecting as her life has been threatened, I have volunteered you as well as Obi-Wan to take up the task."

Carina raised a questioning brow, "Is this you officially giving me my first task as a Jedi Knight?"

Mace pursed his lips, "You were a wonderful apprentice, Carina. I believe you will grow to be one of the strongest of us. I knew you would pass the trials."

"I am grateful you trained me, even if you are a tad bit too strict." Carina gave her old mentor an amused smile. Master Windu let out a heavy sigh, "You carry the spirit of a child, treasure that always, Carina."

Carina slightly bowed before him, "Of course, Master Windu."

"Now go, the Senator awaits."

The Jedi Knight nodded before entering the apartment corridor, a genuine smile spread across her lips as she caught sight of Jar Jar.

The Gungan face lit up, "Ina! Osa so good to sees you."

Carina clasped her hands together, "Always good to see you too, Jar Jar."

Padme approached the Jedi and held her arms out, "Ina, I didn't believe when they had told me you were here." Carina chuckled as she embraced her old friend, "I was told you need a bodyguard."

Padme stepped back, "It's nice to see a familiar face, you've grown so much since I last saw you."

Carina shrugged, "I'm definitely not twelve so." Padme's eyes widened as if she had just recalled something, "I was told you're officially a Jedi Knight, congrats, Ina. That's amazing."

The brunette smiled at the Senator, "Thank you, Padme. No harm will come to you under my watch, I promise."

"Lookie... lookie, oops. Oh, dear, I'm afraid I've forgotten myself again."

Carina slowly turned around to see Master Kenobi, and Anakin standing at the doorway. Anakin inhaled sharply upon seeing Carina once again, it had been four years since the last he saw her, and she grew even more beautiful than he had last remembered.

Carina approached the two and smiled, "Obi-Wan, been awhile since I last saw you."

The male held an endearing gaze for the girl, "Congratulations on passing your trials, Carina." The Jedi Knight nodded in appreciation, "I won't lie, I'm a tad surprised I did."

Carina looked over at Anakin, "You've grown since I last saw you, Ani."

"You've grown more beautiful... and taller." Anakin attempted to cover up his slip up of complimenting the Jedi Knight. Carina chuckled softly, "Oh how I've missed you."