chapter thirty-four

❝ i won't train him

❝ i won't train him. ❞

VADER INHALED AND EXHALED loudly, his hands clenched to his sides as the sight of his wife's ember saber ignited plagued his mind. The thought that Obi-Wan kept the weapon that once meant everything to Carina irked him.

The second he had seen Kenobi holding the weapon all rationality had left him, he allowed his blinding anger to consume his movements. Obi-Wan had no right wielding such a weapon.

Memories of Carina fighting and training with the saber flooded his mind, he always admired the fact that his wife possessed such a bright and powerful color. Carina was always proud of it as well.

To say Vader held the saber dear to his heart was an understatement, for there was once a time his wife never allowed anyone to even hold the saber, she'd never been a very trustful person. Except for one night where Carina handed the weapon to him, it had shocked him to say the least. It was the night she told him she trusted him with her life.

Carina had always been protective of her saber because it was the first one she ever made, and her old mentor had helped forge it. Carina never wanted for it to be damaged, feeling as if she would always carry a piece of Qui-Gon around, it was all she had to remember him by.

The words stung him to remember, her sweet voice softly whispering in his ears as if she was right beside him. The Sith Lord would give absolutely anything, rip worlds apart, just to be able to have his wife gazing at him, looking at him again with those eyes that glimmered every time she saw him, as if she'd never seen anyone more beautiful.

He missed Carina, everyday the emptiness within him growing.

Vader grit his teeth, his hateful gaze hidden behind his mask. Kenobi had no right fighting with her weapon, why did he deserve it?

Vader turned towards the awaiting Inquisitor's, taking small notice of how the Sixth Brother nor Reva was present. "I want everyone searching for Kenobi, bring him to me alive. I will deal with him from there."

Anakin tucked a loose strand of hair behind his wife's ear as a peaceful smile was set onto her lips, a soft sigh escaping her as she laid asleep with her head upon her husband's chest.

An endearing smile spread across the male's face to see his lover leaning into his touch, "You can drop the act, my love."

Carina looked up at the blonde with a slight scowl on her face, "You couldn't let me stay resting for two more minutes?" Anakin chuckled slightly before using two fingers to lift his wife's chin up gently pressing his lips to her soft ones.

Carina pushed herself up slightly to kiss him harder before Obi-Wan's voice could be heard speaking on Anakin's comlink.

"Anakin, where are you? We were supposed to leave twenty minutes ago."